VAPE ON IT! walmart... - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: VAPE ON IT! walmart...

Super Member ECF Veteran Jaguar G's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zonezilla View Post
    oh come to think of it yeah they do... (i fail)

disregard my stupidity
    I'm a gun nut, I've been around guns my entire life, I carried a fully automatic M-16 in the Army at the age of seventeen, I am an officer with my local gun club, and I am an active supporter of the Second Amendment. That said I don't believe you to be "stupid" because of your views or opinions.

Many people, especially in the North East, are not aware of the culture in the many gun friendly states and have no reason to be aware of them. Maryland is not overly hostile to gun owners but many states in the area are, and living in the area you would most likely be exposed to the prevailing attitued, all your life if you grew up there.

The fact that you seem willing to listen to the "gun nuts" and and not disparage their point of view seems to show a class some here have failed to show you. The culture in gun friendly states is that it is not a big deal, and everyday occurrences reinforce the attitude. Arizona is one of the most gun friendly states there is, in fact, no permit is required to carry a gun, openly or concealed, by anyone not legally prohibited. Texas, my state, only allows people to carry concealed, and then only with a permit, but I digress.

So thank you for having an open mind on the issue, it is very rare since guns and gun violence is such a polarizing issue. If you don't wish to subscribe to the gun culture that is fine, just as we do not force everyone to subscribe to the vaping culture. I commend your attitude and willingness to look at other people's points of view, even if they are not native to you.

Thank you,
    Jag
    sanjosse, Jim Bob, Nikinic and 1 others like this.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
    - Pudd'nhead Wilson - Mark Twain

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Ugh. Can't you hold your nic fit until you're in an appropriate place? You wouldn't smoke in Walmart, why do you need to vape there?

Quote Originally Posted by rolandpibb View Post
    Ugh. Can't you hold your nic fit until you're in an appropriate place? You wouldn't smoke in Walmart, why do you need to vape there?
    Maybe because he needed to convert a random stranger who needed a way off cigarettes and didn't know as much about vaping as she did before she met him?

Quote Originally Posted by VapeBoss View Post

She said:
    "awwwsome! does it work? I have been trying to stop smoking"

I said:
    "It does.."(then I stated to talk about ECF and talking about mods and a starter like a e-go also told her don't buy one at a gas station)

What a day

Just a thought...

Jag
    sanjosse and Jim Bob like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Because vaping isn't smoking.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedalibi View Post
    Because vaping isn't smoking.
    Because isn't an answer, it leads to the answer.

Although, I suppose we can deduce that your answer is actually petulance.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar G View Post
    Maybe because he needed to convert a random stranger who needed a way off cigarettes and didn't know as much about vaping as she did before she met him?
    Maybe he could convert a random smoker by doing it near other smokers?

I guess I'm not 19 with a chip on my shoulder, have need to "look like I'm a rebel, smoking in places where you can't", or need stand out in a crowd more than I already do.

It is attitudes like the OP's that force people who don't understand what vaping is, to campaign their local government officials to lump vaping in with smoking and ban the whole thing.

You are not doing the vaping community any good with this attitude.

Myk

Because isn't an answer, it leads to the answer.

Although, I suppose we can deduce that your answer is actually petulance.
    Actually I think with that reply we can be sure you're the one being petulant and that was probably your original intent too.

You don't need to do much of anything at any time, so why do you?
    Why shouldn't someone vape where it's allowed just because smoking isn't?
    zonezilla likes this.

$2453 spent on ecigs. Join http://www.casaa.org/ protect your ability to vape.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Myk View Post
    Actually I think with that reply we can be sure you're the one being petulant and that was probably your original intent too.

You don't need to do much of anything at any time, so why do you?
    Why shouldn't someone vape where it's allowed just because smoking isn't?
    No, my original intent was to ask why, and I did.

I got answered the way my teenager answers me when I question him; no real answer, just attitude.

In addition to the fact that businesses are private property and have certain expected decorum, see my answer above your post.
    Last edited by rolandpibb; 04-06-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Maybe he could convert a random smoker by doing it near other smokers?

I guess I'm not 19 with a chip on my shoulder, have need to "look like I'm a rebel, smoking in places where you can't", or need stand out in a crowd more than I already do.

It is attitudes like the OP's that force people who don't understand what vaping is, to campaign their local government officials to lump vaping in with smoking and ban the whole thing.

You are not doing the vaping community any good with this attitude.
    Who was offended? The woman who learned a new way (for her) to quit smoking and was grateful for the information? A random person who thought they saw smoke but figured someone else would deal with it? A random person who thought they saw smoke, looked closer and found it to be a PV and unoffensive? I know, an Anti-Nicotine and Tobacco Zealot, but they are lost causes anyway and personally I don't care if they are offended.

I'm not 19 (46), I don't have a chip on my shoulder, I'm not a rebel, but I do stand out in a crowd (6'3, 250 lbs, bald head). I vape in places where smoking is not allowed because vaping is allowed.

I choose not to vape in smoking areas, they seem to be the biggest bunch of anti-PV people I've found, plus it smells like crap. If they see me vaping and are interested I'll tell them all about it.

Basically, the more people we have on our side the better. People like us are on our side, the ANTZ are on the other side and will never be on our side, that leaves the large segment who've heard about e-cigs but have no experience and are open minded. These people will form an opinion based on which side has the better argument, the ANTS or us; and our best argument is, "see". Once they see and know it is unoffensive, and learn it is way better than smoking, they will not jump on the ANTZ side and demand a ban. That has been my experience, YMMV.

Jag
    sanjosse likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I know, an Anti-Nicotine and Tobacco Zealot, but they are lost causes anyway and personally I don't care if they are offended
    I don't shy away from, but I certainly don't try and offend these types of people.

These types are the ones with too much time on their hands and could be so offended they might want to campaign against.

Be scared of vaping in public? Absolutely not. I do it all the time and am a proud non-smoker, but lets call a spade a spade; Vaping without permission, in a private business like Walmart is not championing any cause.

I vape in places where smoking is not allowed because vaping is allowed.
    Me too.

I prefer to ask an establishment if I can vape there, rather than just assume.
    nebulas likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast