Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Do PVs look like Other Things ?

Myk

Simple solution, a dildo mod. People won't think you're smoking anything, just perverted. Then you really could call it your Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation System.

$2453 spent on ecigs. Join http://www.casaa.org/ protect your ability to vape.

I think just the fact that you are using in public would be enough to make people realize that you're not doing anything scandalous. I think it would go something like this... is that person smoking a cigarette? Hmmmm, no, it's not a cigarette. I wonder what it is. At that point they would either walk away or if they were that worried about it, come up and ask. I mean really, how often do you see people using illegal substances out in the open? There would at least be some degree of hiding if you were in fact doing something illegal and I'm pretty sure the general public would realize that since you're NOT being even slightly secretive, it's not anything bad.
    Ladypixel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
    ......What do you guys think? Is one of us being irrational? Should I just give up let him think what he wants and use whatever type of e-cig he wants? It does kind of affect me because we normally share all our vaping gear, spend a lot of time together, and vape in public together.

He obviously doesn't have your common sense or self confidence to be different. He is too concerned what others think. And if we are ever going to wisely educate the uninformed about vaping, we need to move away from models that look like analogs and not use the term "cigarette" if at all possible. And stating that some people might think you are doing something else is just a cop-out. I vape in front of cops and deputies all the time and none of them think that.

I would tell him to grow some kahunas and stop being a wimp. But that probable won't work, so you will just have to live with his "image" insecurities.
    misplacedsooner likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran erictho's Avatar

i've had numerous incidents where people were asking if my pv was a pipe or (another type of) vaporizer, just because that's what it looks closer to them rather than your run of the mill convenience store pv. i didn't exactly find it difficult to correct misinterpretations, especially when most pvs don't really resemble (other) vaporizers. most people thought it was amusing i was using what they thought i was using in the open, and some people were just happy it didn't smell like (other stuff).
    i choose my heath and to exercise my personal freedoms rather than worry what joe blow on the street figures i'm up to.
    Last edited by classwife; 04-03-2012 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Removed drug references
    passerbyeus and Pandora5 like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran ambition's Avatar

with some PV's i'd imagine people would be more likely to think you're holding a bomb than anything else.

Super Member ECF Veteran erictho's Avatar

that's funny cuz i use a box mod as well and it's just assumed to be (another type of) vaporizer or a juice box. or in one case a teeny tiny walkie talkie.
    Last edited by classwife; 04-03-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Removed drug references

ECF Moderator
    Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Manager
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Please, be careful with the conversations of what PVs can look like.

Searches are affected by this and we do not want ECF associated with drugs in any way.

Thank you

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...drug-talk.html

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

thank you for clarification classwife. i know i have been asked many times by individuals what my reo mini woodvil was with a big smile...and even looks of disgust. is there an area where this can be discussed on the forum where it wouldnt reflect on the site? i ask because i believe this is or will be a bridge we as vapers will need to cross more sooner than later and i agree, i dont want to be associated in a bad light that i may be doing something illegal.

ECF Moderator
    Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Manager
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

When people join this forum, they check off the box that they agree to the Rules.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...rum-rules.html
    9.3 Discussion or mention of illegal/illicit drugs or sexual content.

Explaining the difference between your PV and the other item is no different than explaining the difference between a roll-your-own tobacco cigarette verses something else rolled up.

Thank you
    c.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If you put anything up to your mouth and blow something out in public most all people will look, its just part of it, they will stare or just think your probably smoking a analog... I have had 1 person in almost 3 years tell me I cant do that " here" he thought I was really smoking. BTW thanks for the great topic I have thought about it many times and I am sure others have also.
    Last edited by passerbyeus; 04-04-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast