Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone e-smoke on patient floors in hospital?

Default Anyone e-smoke on patient floors in hospital?

Wonder if anyone visiting or being a patient in a hospital has whipped out their e-cig & puffed away while there?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Yes, but very, very discreetly!!

You would want to be VERY discreet. Most Hospitals do not allow smoking on their property. I work at one. The Docs. would be interested and tolerant of the E-cig from my limited experience in conversation about them, but they are not administration. Hospitals would want the documentation that e-cig is safe before allowing it's use.
    It is one of the saddest sights to see a patient pushing an IV thru the snow to cross the street and lite up. They do offer patches and other Nic replacment, but no liting up...

Quote Originally Posted by timonette View Post
    Wonder if anyone visiting or being a patient in a hospital has whipped out their e-cig & puffed away while there?

my father was in hospital late aug 2008 in wales in itu i used my e:cig in the relatives room openly and no doctors or nurses questioned it they were more inquisitive about what it was

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Thumbs up 1st e-cig

My husband delivered my first e-cig when I was in the hospital.. I smoked it in my room.

When I had to go back I smoked it in the ER and my room. the ER- doctor was interested in a cigar.

Smoked it in 2 of my doctors office also.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

I've use it at all of my doctors offices. Not in the waiting room though. When I am in the examining room waiting for the doctor drives me crazyyyyy. The cig helps calm me down alot. None of my doctors object. The operative word here is discreetly. If I have to go in the hospital, I will draw my little curtain and puff away.

I do it all the time. :-)

Mark

Super Member ECF Veteran Kimmiegrif's Avatar

the question I would say is why? If you work in the environment and can sneak off to take a drag or two...makes sense...if you are waiting for a quick appointment...why???? can't you have a bit of willpower??? guess I just don't understand.

Inactive Supplier ECF Veteran

I have not had the chance to smoke in a hospital, will let you know as soon as I do, will mostly likely get alot of attention, as the e cig has not taken off here in South Africa yet, maybe if we run a few infomercial thinks will change...

Super Member ECF Veteran Kimmiegrif's Avatar

I would think that if you are in a health service environment...info commerical or not...because there is an exhale...there will be a problem....but maybe I am wrong. I would recommend someone not to advertise their use of ecigs. Yeah, use them without being seen, but you are talking about a health area....if you test it you just might make it hard for those that are careful to be able to sneak a drag here and there...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast