Freaking Out the Checkout Girl at Wal-Mart (on accident) - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Freaking Out the Checkout Girl at Wal-Mart (on accident)

I like your r32. That's all I have to add...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by neonballoon View Post
    I don't usually vape in public spaces like in line at a retail store, it would draw way too much attention in a line. I can wait until I'm outside. However I do stealth vape when no one is around and I feel like getting some nic
    That is my philosophy.
    Last edited by Oric; 01-21-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

When I smoked cigarettes I use to play a game in non smoking situations. I would have a cigarette in my hand and go from hand to mouth unlit. Always less than 5 minutes before someone took note and starting coughing and making faces. The brainwashing is complete.
    celticluvr, Moocow and Jaylah like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathsMistress View Post
    So, it's four in the morning and I need some tortillas and hair-dye (don't judge, I work strange hours) and I decide to go to the only open store (Wal-blah). While waiting in line I'm vaping per-the-norm when the girl behind me starts spouting off stuff about smoking an illicit substance. I don't even realize what she's saying until the cashier literally jumps away from her post and starts waving her arms like she's being swarmed by bees (with knives). So I'm like "no no, it's just vapor and it can't hurt you." And cashier's like, "I've never smoked anything in my whole life and it's bad enough when people come through my line smelling like *illicit substance* but, what if I breathed some of that in!" So, I'm calming her down explaining it's the same stuff in asthma inhalers or the poof at rock concerts and skating rinks and it's not a drug. The other girl went off again about how she'd be sure to use it for smoking *illicit substance*.

I wanted to konk her out with my Vamo but, instead I exited politely after explaining again that I don't do any of those things because they are illegal and it's just water vapor and there is no risk associated with second-hand vape.
    But there are no Walmarts in NYC. You went all the way to Jersey for tortillas?

Quote Originally Posted by Thepinfamily View Post
    I vape in public also. I get strange looks all the time but no one has said anything to me. I vape in the grocery store, department stores, drug stores, any where I'm happen to be. I've never had anyone ask what it is but I'd be happy to explain if someone did. Educate the masses, they need it. Most smokers are always looking for a way to quit and a shocking amount of people know nothing about e-cigs. My wife says no one ask or says anything because I'm scary (6'3",220lbs, covered in tattoos) but I think it's because they are scared of looking ignorant. The only time I draw the line is if kids are in close proximity and that's just out of respect for the children.
    I sure this is why most people don't approach me either when I vape in public. I'm 6'0" and 280lbs. My wife tells me that I can be intimating at times but I also live in a small town where some restaurants still have the smoking sections so it's not like people are not accustom to seeing clouds come out of people's mouths. I did get a crazy look from a bartender at one of my favorite wing places one time in another city that is extremely anti-smoking, she saw the clouds (not big by any means) and thought I was smoking but saw my eGo and then started laughing. I just try to be respectful and not try to blow huge plumes to smoke everywhere when I'm a place like that.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Try this next time you're at Wal-Mart.

Check out out the counter that sells cigs. They also have Fins and some other brands of cig-a-likes. Point to them and ask, "so, you can use those anywhere?"

Every time the clerk has responded with a yes.

I then pull out my MVP, VTR or whatever and blow a huge cloud.

I've sold quite a few Fins for them that way...
    No man's opinions are better than his information.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Dixon View Post
    But there are no Walmarts in NYC. You went all the way to Jersey for tortillas?
    Is the moratorium for the entire state, or just the city?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    "I carry a leaf blower hooked to fog machine when i go out. I have "'ECF for life'" stenciled on the side if it." -Me
    "I want to make an ejuice from Coconut and rUM, and call it." -Me

Full Member Verified Member

Think I must have caught your video on Youtube randomly when looking at other vape video reviews and stuff a couple weeks back and it did make me LoL.
    Know what you are saying though, I don't think there is enough public information about it - over here in the UK it is starting to gain a foothold but only real stuff I have seen on TV about it is the whole "debate" about is it/is it not safe etc. Yawn!
    I don't really vape publicly in any place you can't smoke. I just go out with the normal smokers when in head office or out for a meal etc, and it's having a great effect on them, so far converted two from analogues to Ego's (they had both tried the cig-a-like stuff available in the supermarkets and not really got on with them) and they are still doing it now. That's all good IMO, less health problems for them, means I am not outside inhaling cig smoke when I want to vape, and bonus we can discuss gear and liquid choices.

Moved On Verified Member

When ever anyone asks me about vaping, I vape everywhere, but I'm not rude about it, I'm happy to explain that I have saved the lives of some of the people I love the most by easily converting long term heavy smokers. I haven't had and bad experiences most people, I find, are totally blown away. Thing is first off if someone is going to give you crap they definitely don't smoke so they probably know someone that they wish didn't smoke, if you can tap into that, you're probably going to part as friends, they will be happy because you know they want to go throw their new found knowledge in that smokers face.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910