Freaking Out the Checkout Girl at Wal-Mart (on accident) - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Freaking Out the Checkout Girl at Wal-Mart (on accident)

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by neonballoon View Post
    I don't usually vape in public spaces like in line at a retail store, it would draw way too much attention in a line.
    I don't either. I have never even considered vaping while in a store or standing in a check-out line. Its not like I can't wait until I'm outside.

In fact, it seems about as common and tacky as people who feel the need to yap away on their cel phones while strolling down the aisles.
    Uma, zoiDman, gjshaw29 and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
    I don't either. I have never even considered vaping while in a store or standing in a check-out line. Its not like I can't wait until I'm outside.

In fact, it seems about as common and tacky as people who feel the need to yap away on their cel phones while strolling down the aisles.
    I've vaped in line at coffee shops and fast-food restaurants, but I haven't vaped in line at grocery stores (mainly because I'm too busy either fiddling with my wallet or the food that I wanted to purchase). I have vaped in many stores, but whenever I'm at the grocery store I always tend to forget my PV at home, so I can never use it.

Moved On

i work in Manhattan in a very heavy tourist area. I get at least 15 looks,and at least 2-3 people come up to me a day with different reactions,when I walk around with my vamo. I already know what there thinking before they say it!
    DeathsMistress likes this.

Moved On

some people are disgusted but most want to find out more info about it because someone they know smokes,so i dont mind it anymore
    DeathsMistress likes this.

There's a huge difference between not hiding or educating and being "in your face" with other people whether you think what you're doing is harmless or not. No one, but no one, appreciates others shoving their personal likes/habits/behaviors down their throat. Education is fine but discretion is called for otherwise we'll all face more and more bans. When people feel helpless appealing to you when their personal boundaries are violated, you've created yet another person getting behind laws to control you.... march on to a bigger nanny-state.
    Last edited by patkin; 03-10-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    jnnfrlsw, Uma, zoiDman and 14 others like this.

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by neonballoon View Post
    I don't usually vape in public spaces like in line at a retail store, it would draw way too much attention in a line. I can wait until I'm outside. However I do stealth vape when no one is around and I feel like getting some nic
    Same here
    And great post (above) Patkin!!!Clap Clap
    Last edited by 2nd chance; 03-10-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Moved On

i have vaped on an airplane and in an airport,I vape everywhere I just don't blow vapor in peoples face
    Uma likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by floydfanx6 View Post
    i have vaped on an airplane and in an airport,I vape everywhere I just don't blow vapor in peoples face
    I had airport security follow me around the terminal at DFW Airport for almost an hour while I was waiting for my roommate to land, about a month ago. They finally cornered me by one of the snack bars and confronted me about my e-cig. When I showed them (and explained to them how it works) they backed off and left me alone.

I would honestly be a little nervous about vaping while on a flight though....
    Soyworx and ewith1999 like this.

Senior Member Verified Member

we recently came back from a trip to Dominican Republic and had already decided that I would not vape on the plane. I did stealth vape while waiting for my flights but my thoughts are why create a situation when not needed. I chomped on some Nic gum for the flights and dug into my carry on bag for my pv as soon as I was off the aircraft. I'm not out to prove anything or to educate anyone. Common sense and respect for others goes a long way. For everything, there's a time and a place.
    kcvo
    Uma and Ink Stained like this.

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd chance View Post
    Same here
    And great post (above) Patkin!!!Clap Clap
    yup yup me too

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast