Freaking Out the Checkout Girl at Wal-Mart (on accident) - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Freaking Out the Checkout Girl at Wal-Mart (on accident)

I have to agree, when I am in close proximity to others I will restrain myself and not vape.
    But if I'm in the frozen food section and the only person around is a young guy who could care less. HELL YEA IMMA VAPE IT UP! lol

As for vaping on a plane, well... your in extremely close proximity to at least 10 other people... lets not vape on planes. Even if your juice smells like a fairy just farted rainbows in your face, I would prefer not to insult 1 out of those 10 people and cause a scene.

Never vaped in a restaurant either, though I always bring my PV in with intent to vape lol.

Lets just remember this awesome quote from Men in Black "A person is smart, but people are dumb panicky animals!"

Moved On ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by floydfanx6 View Post
    i have vaped on an airplane and in an airport,I vape everywhere I just don't blow vapor in peoples face
    They had no problems with vaping in airport???

Blog Entries

The TSA has a webpage that discusses e-cigs/PV's they want you to carry them on because of the batteries, but state you can only use them in designated smoking areas.

To be honest I don't feel comfortable vaping indoors unless I'm at home or at a friends. I have converted a small handful, but don't want to cause bad publicity. I will vape up until I reach the door, then it goes away... I would love to vape at work as my job is very stressful, but I'll wait until the windblows that way for pv users in MD/DC/VA & PA.
    hoghead likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I stealth vape all over the place that smoking isn't allowed but hold the vapor in, never had a problem. I personally vape in airport and airplane bathrooms, haven't done it in my plane seat (yet).

Wherever smoking is allowed I blow clouds.
    Uma, smacuser and Fullknight like this.

Full Member Verified Member

WalMart is the very reason I STARTED vaping!!! They allow folks to let their rug-rats shriek and run amok; and, they allow folks to turn the bathroom into a hair spray "gas chamber;" so, if someone freaks out over my vaping, I consider it to be THEIR problem! I didn't get into this to "quit smoking" - that's a not all that welcome side-effect (hence, my username.) I DARNED SURE didn't switch to "be more acceptable..." I started for ONE reason; and, ONE reason ALONE - to be able to get "my fix" whenever and wherever I needed it; and, WalMart is one of the places where I need it the MOST!!! (I had several sets of tubes in my ears as a kid; and, both shrieking rug-rats and key cutting machines are EXTREMELY painful to my ears. I'm like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs in places like WalMart!!!) Then again, I'm rather quick to suggest a leash when someone's kid darned near runs into me, treating the store like it's a playground, too. (But, also, very quick to go up to and compliment the few parents who actually use them.) My vaping doesn't affect anyone else; so, it's none of their business. The folks who just "get their jollies" by trying to control everyone else are the very ones who caused me to lose all interest in quitting smoking, a couple of decades back. The bimbo the OP ran into was just a drama-queen... Reminds me of the idiot who cost the anti-smoking crowd all credibility with me, back in '99. He went through his "wheeze / gasp / choke" routine at the very SIGHT of an (unlit) half-cigarette hanging out of my mouth - FROM 30+ FEET AWAY!!! I've mellowed (at least a little bit) with age; but, back then, I couldn't resist going up to him, sticking the unlit cigarette stub in his face, and, saying, "You stupid M-F'er!!! It's NOT EVEN LIT!!! You've definitely got a problem; BUT, it's NOT my unlit cigarette!....."

Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Did I mention it was like three in the morning? I usually avoid people because they freak me the crap out. Vaping helps me be nicer and less aggravated. I also had sets of tubes in my ears, and I've busted an ear-drum more than once. I can't handle the noises, and sometimes I make a little vape to deal with horrible horrible perfume. I never try to offend people, but I can't say they do the same back.

The boyfriend was the one paying and dealing with the cashier. I was standing back a little when the other girl started asking me if "that was w**d." The women behind the register didn't have a problem until the other girl started in. Maybe the next time someone comes through she will take the information that I gave her and realize it's not something that can hurt her.

If we all stay in the dark everyone will keep assuming. The more people that know what it is and switch, the more it will become "normal."
    Whosback likes this.

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeathsMistress View Post

If we all stay in the dark everyone will keep assuming. The more people that know what it is and switch, the more it will become "normal."
    This may be true…

But Vaping in Non-Smoking areas may also may cause More and More Bans to be Enacted.

And when the Powers that Be start Banning things, they tend to go Overboard. Way Overboard.
    Burnie, Uma, Ink Stained and 6 others like this.

Rainbow Dragon Warrior Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeathsMistress View Post
    Did I mention it was like three in the morning? I usually avoid people because they freak me the crap out. Vaping helps me be nicer and less aggravated. I also had sets of tubes in my ears, and I've busted an ear-drum more than once. I can't handle the noises, and sometimes I make a little vape to deal with horrible horrible perfume. I never try to offend people, but I can't say they do the same back.
    The boyfriend was the one paying and dealing with the cashier. I was standing back a little when the other girl started asking me if "that was w**d." The women behind the register didn't have a problem until the other girl started in. Maybe the next time someone comes through she will take the information that I gave her and realize it's not something that can hurt her.
    Muhahaha I know who you are!!!!!! Ill go to Wally World and vape with you I do it all the time with not so much as a word said. But then again as you know im not a small guy lol. See you at Starbucks soon and on FB.
    DeathsMistress likes this.
    Last Analog on 12/31/12 at 1:30pm

Blog Entries

I also vape in public when I am not with friends (just in case I get kicked out) and I have not been bothered. I don't do ginormous clouds like I do at home and I stealth if I'm on the T, but I vape. I figure if I get asked it will be a great opportunity to spread some truth (since popular media is epically failing at that) and hand out some cards to people who are interested for themselves or others. It's the best thing we can do for ourselves and nobody is going to do it for us.

I'm not saying be obnoxious about vaping. Be respectful of others, their personal space, and their right not to like vaping even if its not smoking, just don't hide vaping like you're ashamed of it.

Being open about vaping, willing to talk about it, and be seen doing it will help lead to more people asking vapers about it and not just knee jerk reacting to the word "cigarette" in e-cigs.
    Uma and Baldr like this.

Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Yes. I feel that if I hide it or act like I'm doing something bad I will encourage the mindset that I am indeed breaking rules. Did I mention that I was in Las Vegas while I was vaping in public? Not exactly a discrete area of the world.

Recently, I had another experience at the horrible Wal-hell. I had a lady say, "you can no smoke." I said, "it's not smoke, may I show you?" She said, "yeah." So I made a little poof and waved it in her direction and she took a whiff. I said, "see, does that smell like smoke to you? It's just water vapor." She said, "no, it no smoke. You no do it." I said, ok, and wandered back to the Boyfriend who was at the register. The lady there said, "it's fine to smoke those electric cigarettes, they're safe. Don't worry about her." I didn't continue to vape because the other woman was uncomfortable with it.

I do respect people's boundaries a lot more than they do mine. People touch me, stand too close to me, let their children attempt to climb me and a whole slew of other offensive things while I'm in public places. I use so much restraint in my life. I will continue to vape in public with as much respect for other people as I can muster in a world full of crackheads and junkies. I respect that it may not be the right choice for many of you. I respect that you have fears that I may cause it to be taken from you. If you think the FDA is going to listen to you or anyone else, you're probably wrong. I will keep trying to spread the word, to fight the bans and restrictions and to get along nicely with others. It's not easy. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. And thank you for being nicer than the people on youtube who commented on Vape Girl's "Vaping in Public" video. <3

I love that we're all different but we can talk about it like grown-ups.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast