E-cigs banned at work
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: E-cigs banned at work

Default E-cigs banned at work

We use to be able to vape at our desk. People started to complain. Supposedly, on the elevator, someone collapsed and went into convulsions from ecig vapor. I think this is complete and utter bull...... But I was just wondering if anyone else had any experience or input on this situation.

Thanks!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I don't get the big deal. I don't vape anywhere smoking is not allowed. As far as I'm concerned throwing it in people's faces all the time will be what gets ecigs regulated and/or banned.

Truth is that no one has proof that ecigs are harmless. For former smokers, all we really know for sure is that they are less harmful than smoking cigarettes.

As vapors we should lose the entitled attitude. That is what is going to harm vaping the most.

Senior Member Verified Member

What the hell!? I hope no one was ignorant enough to be blowing steam in an enclosed space like an elevator! There's no way that's the whole story. If someone went into convulsions, it definitely WAS NOT from the second hand vapor. And if your higher-ups believe that was the cause, then I've got a low risk high return investment opportunity that I'd love to discuss with them.
    Talyon and Susiejo like this.

Vape 4 Life Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

So can I get certain PEOPLE banned by simply opening a conversation with them and then suddenly go into (fake) convulsions and claiming it was the person I was talking to that caused this???? This could get interesting. Lol.

Would love to see a doctors report, never happen of course.
    schotzky and Susiejo like this.

Vapeing for Freedom

My work has banned all "nicotine"- from snus to cigarettes to ecigs. We aren't even allowed to vape, or (ewww) chew in our own cars till we exit the parking lot. I've seen people get a talking to from security for lighting up on their way home before they made the exit turn.

It sounds like an epileptic seizure to me, they can be triggered by confined spaces not necessarily vapor. But hey, it's a free for all with vaping these days, so they have an easy scapegoat if there was somebody with an ecig in their hand.

Sometimes I'm reminded of the Salem witch trials...

Haha.

Well, as far as the "entitled attitude" goes.. You seem to have an entitled attitude in your posts, trousersnake so.. Work on that. Me, I never vape near a lot of people, or in odd places like the bus or supermarket. It's rude to blow any smoke in people's face, even if its harmless vapor. I just don't like the fact that I have to go outside on smoke break and get cigarette smoke blown all in my face when I should be able to vape at my desk.
    Last edited by Soundsystem00; 04-19-2013 at 04:39 AM.
    theclev13 likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Who could not tolerate a 5 minute elevator ride without having to vape? Thats why I don't believe in laynards...that makes it to easy to pick it up without thinking about it. Whenever I see one I think of the clip I used to use with my babies pacifier. LOL

Senior Member* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

When you're elbow to elbow with other people, expecting a little courtesy not to blow vapor clouds doesn't seem unreasonable. Seriously, there's a right time and place for everything.
    GRH8095, Susiejo, NovaVida and 1 others like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jobear View Post
    My work has banned all "nicotine"- from snus to cigarettes to ecigs. We aren't even allowed to vape, or (ewww) chew in our own cars till we exit the parking lot. I've seen people get a talking to from security for lighting up on their way home before they made the exit turn.
    Sounds like it's time for you to switch jobs... before the fascists take away the next thing... perhaps it will be caffeine? or perhaps bacon?

BTW - you have a right to take legal action and defend yourself against "arbitrary and capricious" rules imposed by your employer.
    jamiller619 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast