Last place you were asked to stop vaping? - Page 3
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree423Likes

Thread: Last place you were asked to stop vaping?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

A few years back I went to a nightclub with my girl. I brought a mod and two cig-alike batteries. We were enjoying a vape, dancing around the foam machine, (it was a soap pit party) and a guard came up to my girl and told her to get out of the club. So I ran over and explained to the guard that they were e-cigarettes and that it was vapor, not tobacco smoke. He apologized and we went back to having fun. An hour or so later a 2nd guard came up to me and told me to leave the club. I told him that I had talked to his buddy already and that I had explained we were vaping, not burning tobacco leaves. He repeatedly told me that I was being kicked out and that I had to leave. He grabbed my PV out of my hand and walked away... As if I wasn't going to retrieve it? LOL. So I run up behind him and tell him to give me back my property and that I'd be leaving. So I got it back and we went upstairs to the bar. In the bar, we had a few beers at this table keg party, where people were doing blatantly illegal things on the tables surrounding us. I couldn't believe that they would kick me out for vaping but not break up what I was watching.

So we finished our beers and went outside with the smokers. The whole outside of the club was surrounded by homeless people. The guards didn't care. We ended up staying a few hours longer & we had a blast talking to the eccentrics. I go home to post a review of the club on all the review sites, and I asked a question on Yelp at the end of my review. I asked "Is there any way I could get in touch with the owner? Does anyone know what he looks like? Thank you. Well, I got an e-mail and it turned out, the owner was the woman tending the bar the night we were there. & I had asked her when we first arrived if they allowed vaping, and she said they did. -____- So in closing, I got kicked out of a vape-friendly nightclub for having a PV that didn't look like a cigarette.
    MissKitty47, Talyon, ZoZo and 1 others like this.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Add me to the list of people who are discrete in public

I am not happy about it though. At home I am a chain-vaper so it becomes a tease to take a quick hit in public when no one is looking
    Jman8 likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DC2 View Post
    For all the people that are fine with not vaping in places where smoking is not allowed...

Would that still be true if you were not allowed to vape at the beach?
    Would that still be true if you were not allowed to vape in a public park?
    Would that still be true if you were not allowed to vape anywhere inside a baseball stadium?
    Would that still be true if you were not allowed to vape anywhere on a college campus?
    That's a different question only because If I still smoked I would smoke at public places like that probably

I mean within reason like in a restaurant or indoors in somway

I haven't had any issue's at all my boss is fine with it since i don't take smoke breaks anymore and i have even vaped in the hospital visiting my mother pretty much everywhere i go i vape just to see if somebody would say anything but nothing yet movies i blow the vapor down in my lap and the same for going out for dinner

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

only been vapeing for about a month and havent been asked yet but doubt I would anyway as im not harming anyone. I wouldnt vape anywere near food and people eating but most other places are fine to me like malls, parks, movie theatre etc.if I was asked I would ask them why and if they didnt have a good answer then I would just ask them to go away before I crack up. in movie theatre etc if its busy I would wait or sit at the back so it doesnt block veiws of people or just stealth vape lol, that double inhale works a treat for these times.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran VV_James's Avatar

Has never happened to me, and I vape EVERYWHERE!
    I stealth vape faint or no aroma juices when I;m in crowded public places like movie theaters, hospital, or Dr.'s waiting rooms, Restaurants, Airplanes, etc... But I DO vape with people sitting right next to me and they never suspect a thing!

Just takes a bit of practice
    wolfie_beast likes this.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by vjc0628 View Post
    That's a different question only because If I still smoked I would smoke at public places like that probably

I mean within reason like in a restaurant or indoors in somway
    There are some people that don't think we should vape in places we are not allowed to smoke.
    I'm glad that for you that is a different question.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran skoony's Avatar

has'nt happened to me yet.
    an interesting development though is the new smoking ban at the minnesota state fair.
    there will be designated smoking areas.
    this has been blasted all over the news.
    i called the state fair office and was assured that ecigs are a-ok anywhere.
    this has'nt been blasted all over the news.
    it will be interesting to see if any do-gooders(we have plenty of them in minnesota)
    will have anything to say about my v2's.
    i plan on bringing them because they look so much like real cigs.
    muwahahahaha!

regards
    mike
    Talyon and Hoggy like this.

I'll definitely vape just about anywhere outdoors, even where smoking isn't allowed. Well, OK, I won't vape while pumping gas, just for the sake of not giving other customers a heart attack if they should see the vapor and think it's smoke.

By the way, I semi-stealth vaped (as in, didn't hide my PV but avoided making big clouds) through a whole meeting at work recently and it was great! In the past, about halfway through a meeting I wouldn't be able to pay attention anymore because all I could think about getting outside to have a smoke.

Come to that, one selling point for vaping that I rarely hear mentioned is increased productivity on the job. I can vape WHILE I'm getting things done instead of having to interrupt my workflow to go outside for a nic fix.
    Last edited by Vapo Marx; 08-22-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Church...haven't been back since (okay...I don't go to church...just happened to be in one at the time).

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast