CASAA E-mail - Stealth Vaping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: CASAA E-mail - Stealth Vaping

Default CASAA E-mail - Stealth Vaping

I got my first E-mail from CASAA for an urgent call to action regarding a proposed ban to E-cig use wherever smoking is banned in Orange county, FL. In the instructions of what to say when calling or writing the city council members was this suggestion:

4. Detail how electronic cigarette use is easy to distinguish from actual smoking. Although some e-cigarettes resemble real cigarettes, many do not. It is easy to tell when someone lights a cigarette, from the smell of smoke. E-cigarette vapor is practically odorless, and generally any detectable odor is not unpleasant and smells nothing like smoke. Additionally, e-cigarette users can decide whether to release any vapor ("stealth vaping"). With so little evidence of use, enforcing indoor use bans on electronic cigarettes would be nearly impossible.

Regarding the above comment highlighted in bold - I would like to know how one can vape and not release any vapor or "stealth vaping". It sounds like something I could use at times - I am using a tank system . Anyone know how this is done?
    I stopped smoking on September 18, 2013 and have not had a smoke since.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hold it in for a few seconds, and it's gone!
    Lorelei likes this.
    Vaping since April 3, 2011 8:30am

Quote Originally Posted by 440BB View Post
    Hold it in for a few seconds, and it's gone!
    Hi 440BB. I'm trying that now. Even holding it for way more than a few seconds and I'm still letting out vapors.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I find that simply holding it does not completely elliminate the vapour. Draw the vapor halfway, wait 3 seconds, complete the inhale, wait another second, then exhale. will be clear as air.
    --
    SVD, ZMax, Evic, JM22, Just GG (#1646)
    Protank, iClear, Scar, Helios, Nimbus, Ithaka (#6459)

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Breathing out into a sleeve or down your open shirt helps too. If your setup has high VG and produces big clouds, it'll be hard to totaly hide it.
    Vaping since April 3, 2011 8:30am

Super Member ECF Veteran Mad Scientist's Avatar

Another way: take a drag, hold it for a second, inhale a bit of just air, hold it for a second, exhale just a bit. If the bit of exhale is vapor free, done; if there's still some uncondensed vapor, inhale a bit of air, hold it for a second, etc. The vapor will all condense and you're stealth vaping.

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyZA View Post
    I find that simply holding it does not completely elliminate the vapour. Draw the vapor halfway, wait 3 seconds, complete the inhale, wait another second, then exhale. will be clear as air.
    Tried it a couple of times. Works pretty good - will get better with practice I think.
    Lorelei likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 440BB View Post
    Breathing out into a sleeve or down your open shirt helps too. If your setup has high VG and produces big clouds, it'll be hard to totaly hide it.
    Tried this and it works pretty darn good. I'm sure to use this at times.
    Lorelei likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    Another way: take a drag, hold it for a second, inhale a bit of just air, hold it for a second, exhale just a bit. If the bit of exhale is vapor free, done; if there's still some uncondensed vapor, inhale a bit of air, hold it for a second, etc. The vapor will all condense and you're stealth vaping.
    This takes some thought for me to do - good stuff to know for those "gotta have" moments.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I have been in public places and stealth vaped but someone saw me taking a puff,they see no "smoke" coming out and they look kind of dazed when I put my PV back in my pocket.
    ImperfectFuture likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast