What setup do you prefer to use in public?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: What setup do you prefer to use in public?

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default What setup do you prefer to use in public?

I'm just curious what everyone likes to use when they are driving or otherwise in public.

When I ordered my two Spinner batteries, I had intended them for home use only. I thought that I would stick to my Volts (cig-alikes) for public use (especially driving) to avoid unnecessary suspicion/negative attention. However I'm finding that after using the Spinners for about a week, I'm giving less of a crap than I thought I would, and have been happily vaping them while driving.

I still think if I saw a cop I would keep the Spinner out of sight though, for fear they might not know what it is and assume it something naughty. I also don't like the idea of coworkers seeing me with it when I am driving near work, for the same reason.

I have a feeling I will care less and less the more I keep on vaping and the more it catches on with the general public though.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran skoony's Avatar

i use my ego's and ce5 tanks.
    when at a place where smoking is banned i have my v2 cigalike for discrete usage.
    regards
    mike

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

When I'm Out and About, I like to carry a 400mAh Vision Spinner with a CE2.

It doesn't draw Unwanted Attention like a 18650 Mod with a 6ml Tank does.
    alank likes this.

Blog Entries

Ummm, I'm way too old to give a hoot what anyone thinks....

Out and about, I've used Roughstacks with tanks, a 801 atty modded with a DOD (drip on demand) on a homemade box mod, box mods with all sorts of attys, cartos, clearos, full sized tanks and all variety of combinations thereof.

Currently my favorite is a vivi-nova on top of a VV-Gripper, less ostentatious.
    What can I say, must have mellowed as I aged....not likely.

edit: my signature pretty much sums up my position....
    I'm puffin' on a pipe bomb and carrying a detonator in my pocket,
    so just what was it you wanted to hassle me about ?? (No, I do not sub-ohm, pipe bomb is a joke)

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Ummm, I'm way too old to give a hoot what anyone thinks....

Hi Stosh

It isn't that I care about what people think. I gave that up about 25 Years ago. I just get tired of the same Constant Questions.

Is that an e-Cigarette?
    Does it work?
    How Much does it Cost?
    Where did you get it?
    Does it use Nicotine?
    etc.

I get burned out answering those same question. A 400mAh Spinner with a CE2 is "Palm-able". And reduces the Question Askers to a Small Radius directly around me. Where as a 18650 Mod with a Tank seems to bring hem out of the Wood Work.
    Stosh likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zoiDman View Post
    Hi Stosh

It isn't that I care about what people think. I gave that up about 25 Years ago. I just get tired of the same Constant Questions....
    Is that an e-Cigarette? no, it's a personal electronic nicotine inhalation system

Does it work? See the vapor??

How Much does it Cost? Built it myself

Where did you get it? See above

Does it use Nicotine? Heck yes, or I would be strangling you by now for all your stupid questions

WindyCityJoe, zoiDman and Ozwald like this.
    I'm puffin' on a pipe bomb and carrying a detonator in my pocket,
    so just what was it you wanted to hassle me about ?? (No, I do not sub-ohm, pipe bomb is a joke)

Sindoyen Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

For ease of carry, when I go out in public I usually take my cig-a-like gear. They are black or blue color, way longer than an analog, have blue glow tips and mini tanks on them... so don't look like an analog and don't put out huge clouds of vapor. They are tolerated just about anywhere I go, even by non smokers/vapers.

Kiss the Green Fairy once you’ll see things as you wish they were; twice to see them as they are not; thrice and you’ll see them as they really are. Praecursator

RSST on a itaste MVP or AGA-T2 on a Provari or vice-versa.
    Fullknight likes this.
    "Any Nation that gives up a little liberty to gain a little security will get and deserve neither."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Regardless of where I'm going, I take my zmax v2.
    Stosh likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Maybe it's just the area I live in and the type of people I work with, but I can pretty much guarantee that most of them have never even seen an e-cigarette, let alone one that doesn't resemble an analog. I had never seen one myself until I ordered my Volt starter kit a couple of months ago.

Part of me feels like this is all the more reason for me to try to be more visible with it at times when I am feeling less inhibited- to expose people to it and maybe even spark a conversation about it.

Hopefully my paranoia will fade completely with time and I will end up as a chill badass like Stosh
    Stosh likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast