Courthouse screening.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Courthouse screening.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default Courthouse screening.

I had to go to the lyocal courthouse this week and had my entire selection of vapes in my bag. I opened the pocket where they wyiere located so that they knew I wasn't trying to hide anything. They sent my bag through the xray and handed it back to me. I suspect they know it's all good. But i was surprised I didn't get questioned by the 10 police officers standing there.
    SupplyDaddy likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Cool! That's some good info to know. But the question is, did you vape?

best regards, larry mac

Ultra Member ECF Veteran TheSystemHasFailed's Avatar

Cool story bro.
    supermarket likes this.
    Peace of mind, is priceless.

Full Member Verified Member

I had the same experience, I was online to go pay a ticket before the court opened and when I realized I had my pv in my pocket it was too late as I didn't want to lose my spot in line. I put my pv in the basket to be scanned and when they saw it they asked what it was, I told them it was an electronic cigarette and they looked at each other. One guy said "cool", and then handed it back to me, I did not attempt to vape while in the building though. But I do vape as much as possible when anywhere else, I know that I will have to answer questions or even have to deal with whispers, but it is the only way that we can get the word out....Smoking is Dead. Vape everywhere to educate the public!!!!!

At this point I think everyone is catching on to what ecigs are.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

My County Courthouse is where I first found out about ecigs. Sitting in the jury selection room. Watching this guy suck on a cigalike, that the red tip lit up when he took a drag. . .and exhaled what appeared to be smoke. It ended up we weren't selected for a trial, (trial was postponed). I caught up with him in the parking lot and ask him, "what's that thing your a suckin on?" He said, "it's an electronic cigarette". Soon as I got home I googled it. That's how I found this forum and about electronic cigarettes. Talk about being lucky, I hadn't even heard of them before this. I smoked tobacco for 52 years, 2.5 PAD when I started vaping. I really didn't think I'd ever really quit. But, I have, and it was surprisingly easy. JMHO

Cheers,
    otrpu
    Uma, Mikeywolftm, Mrs C and 1 others like this.

VapeMeister Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Slightly off topic otrpu stories like that are what make me one of the happiest vapors alive. It's also the reason anyone and everyone that I know who smokes gets their own trial run with my vaping gear and I even offer to buy them their first basic setup.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I've been in and out of 14 different courthouses in my area and never had an issue. Unless you consider that in about half of them I've been asked by the sheriff's deputies to recommend a good place to buy a PV.

I could definitely see a problem arising with the look of some batterytubes and say a DNA 20 device. To someone who has no clue it looks kind of bombish.

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

A year ago I passed thru a Court House screening and kinda got the 3rd Degree about my e-Cigarette.

Today, they don't say anything but an Occasional "You know you Can't use that in here... Right?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast