Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Office ban on vaping

Default Office ban on vaping

I know there are hundreds of post on here about this topic and this is more of me venting than anything but,...

I work in a small office and everything normally goes pretty smoothly, there are 7 of us that vape at our desk everyday but we have one lady that decided to complain after 2 years that she doesn't like the smell and it is causing her emotional distress to put up with everyone vaping in the office. This lady is the one in the office that has 12 pots of flowers, 20 candles, inscents, her dog and the radio playing on a station that no one likes except her.

So today I am making a formal complaint about her scented items accompanied by a doctors note (I am honestly sensitive to some smells and they give me a slight headache) describing my headaches from smells and light I have had since I was little, I hate the smell of coffee and don't drink it but it's getting lumped into my complaint to be a ******* and how her having the blinds open lets natural light in and could set off my headaches. This isn't the first thing she has complained about, she complained about the dog I brought because it looked mean so I can't bring my dog even though he is 100% trained and literally sat next to my desk for 6 hours after I picked him up from the vet, she complained about the smell of food when I was busy and eat at my desk, she complained about my music (FFDP station) on pandora so now 50's-80's country is the only acceptable music, she complained about I had a bigger monitor than her (17inch vs 18inch) so she got a 26 inch because she said she couldn't see the small ones. She is just the office complainer and really just wish she would quit or retire because my boss just goes with whatever rules she comes up with so he doesn't have to listen to her complain. Okay I am done venting for now and if you actually took the time to read it, Thanks
    jpargana, Jman8 and VapieDan like this.

2. Advertisement

She just complained about the smell not health affects because she is an analog smoker and thinks vaping is ridiculous and couldn't be any safer than her camel turkish royals.
    Quote Originally Posted by myers1006 View Post
    I know there are hundreds of post on here about this topic and this is more of me venting than anything but,...

I work in a small office and everything normally goes pretty smoothly, there are 7 of us that vape at our desk everyday but we have one lady that decided to complain after 2 years that she doesn't like the smell and it is causing her emotional distress to put up with everyone vaping in the office. This lady is the one in the office that has 12 pots of flowers, 20 candles, inscents, her dog and the radio playing on a station that no one likes except her.

So today I am making a formal complaint about her scented items accompanied by a doctors note (I am honestly sensitive to some smells and they give me a slight headache) describing my headaches from smells and light I have had since I was little, I hate the smell of coffee and don't drink it but it's getting lumped into my complaint to be a ******* and how her having the blinds open lets natural light in and could set off my headaches. This isn't the first thing she has complained about, she complained about the dog I brought because it looked mean so I can't bring my dog even though he is 100% trained and literally sat next to my desk for 6 hours after I picked him up from the vet, she complained about the smell of food when I was busy and eat at my desk, she complained about my music (FFDP station) on pandora so now 50's-80's country is the only acceptable music, she complained about I had a bigger monitor than her (17inch vs 18inch) so she got a 26 inch because she said she couldn't see the small ones. She is just the office complainer and really just wish she would quit or retire because my boss just goes with whatever rules she comes up with so he doesn't have to listen to her complain. Okay I am done venting for now and if you actually took the time to read it, Thanks

4. Advertisement

I so know the type and is one of the reasons I'm happy I don't work in an office anymore. I don't have a solution other than asking the boss how far this is going to go because its always going to be something with this woman. What are your coworkers doing? Why haven't you all banded together and gone to the boss?
    JonnyB88 likes this.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

We are afraid of adding fuel to the fire, she only has these complaining sessions once every 4 or 5 weeks but I am about ready to just dump 5 gallons of gas on her fire and kick her off her soapbox

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

We are afraid of adding fuel to the fire, she only has these complaining sessions once every 4 or 5 weeks but I am about ready to just dump 5 gallons of gas on her fire and kick her off her soapbox
    the worse part is going to be when the boss doesn't do anything about your complaint. It's just going to make you more upset.

smoktech SID - sigeli zmax V5
    smoktech RSST - protank 2 - evod - iclear

Super Member ECF Veteran nicetucu's Avatar

I feel your pain. There is always someone like this in almost every office. Give them a taste of their own medicine always feels good.

Now the weird guy who you know is going to go postal one day, be nice to him! He may spare you when he decides to go cray cray.
    Thepinfamily likes this.

Oh well we all have been "Ninja vaping" for the last two days just to test. She made the comment in the break room at lunch today that it smells much better now that no one is smoking inside. I'm pretty sure the owner will be okay with getting rid of the candles, he always says he hates coming to this part of the office because of the mulberry and linen scent. He knows that she is the complainer but she is 60 or 70 and due to retire soon so maybe this will help make it sooner than later.

Super Member ECF Veteran

she is the complainer but she is 60 or 70 and due to retire soon so maybe this will help make it sooner than later.
    Will you trade her for our 20-something first-time manager (not my boss) with the metal cleats on her boots and the parade ground voice. We can honestly hear this woman from the break area outside of the building, 20 feet away and through a concrete wall and a steel door. She shrieks at the top of her lungs, clearly for attention, and repeats every phrase and sentence 2 or 3 times ...

This same person has, on several occasions, complained about the smell from smokers in an area 50 yards from her office window. This is in a sealed building. Apparently smoke can penetrate triple pane glass ...
    jpargana likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Myers, I would really like to know about the status of your formal complaint about her candles, incense, etc.

Please tell me the boss is being rather sensical about this! (Meaning, if he's going to ban vaping due to smell alone, he'll ban her crap too. Or ban neither.)
    JayEatsAirplane likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger

That's beyond frustrating, seems like she's bitter because she's missing out on the vape club. Hopefully she retires soon so you can go back to vaping.

CASAA member 2013

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast