Disneyland & Disney World
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Disneyland & Disney World

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Disneyland & Disney World

I was at Disney World in February and had nary a problem with vaping, although I did not vape indoors.

I've since heard that some employees there are starting to shoo vapers to smoking areas. This is unconfirmed, but worrisome.

I'm at Disneyland a few times a month, though (I'm a passholder who lives 30 mins away from the park), and have never had an issue inside either Disneyland or California Adventure parks. My husband even had 'advice' offered by a castmember recommending that he exhale into an empty coffee cup, just to stealth it so people don't freak out...

... but at Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel, I was recently informed by a castmember that no form of "smoking", including the use of any vapor device, was allowed at Trader Sam's. (I'm probably not going to TS anytime soon because of this.)

Has anyone else had experience with Disney World's current vaping situation, or with other Disney properties and vaping? I'm sort of curious now.

The way I see it is that we all know how vaping is safer, little to no second hand danger, etc.... But the general public doesn't. Anyone that doesn't smoke and is disgusted when they inhale second hand smoke from an analog as they walk down the street will not look at someone blowing clouds of vapor and think "Oh...isn't that nice. They are vaping. That smells delicious."

Disneyland is an establishment that embraces strict anti smoking rules in their parks to ensure all familys and kids that visit aren't bothered with second hand smoke as this day in age the consesious is that smoking is bad and dangerous.

I am an avid Disneyland fan and frequent the park a lot. I am also an ex-smoker and recent vaporer. Even though I understand the health differences between the two.... I would never vape in public there because it is known as an anti smoking establishment and I respect that.

If you feel you need to while at the park, why not just head to a bathroom and vape in a stall? I find that would be a lot easier, the worst that would happen is that someone in the stall next to you would complain about the delicious mango fruit flavor......wich I would doubt would happen
    stevegmu likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hubs and I were in the World in October, and never even got a look from anyone. We didn't vape indoors at all, and we refrained in those moments where we were walking through a thick knot of people. Otherwise--standing around waiting for someone, walking through a park, waiting for a bus--we vaped on without issue. We weren't clouding the place up, mind you, as we are simple eGo folks at this point...but DAMN what a better tour it is without those stupid cigs!

Full Member Verified Member momtomater's Avatar

We were also at the World in October and vaping like crazy. Didn't have one single problem. However on a Disney Addict Facebook page some girls were being quite dumb about it and said they shouldn't have to smell it, and don't want their kids seeing it. Of course I informed them that 1) there is no foul smell and 2) you can't shelter your children forever. Florida is actually quite awesome when it comes to vaping, tons of vape shops, lots of random people vaping. I only saw one other person at WDW vaping, but we did hear someone behind us in line that said something about how cool it is that more and more people are using e-cigs.

Tapping away on an android device and probably painting my nails while vaping

My girlfriend and I have annual passes, so we frequent the park a lot. I've been asked by security to vape in the smoking areas a few times now. Security's told me that they have no problem with it personally, but other guests think it's smoke and come complain. I think they should use the old and unused smoking areas as vaping areas, honestly. I just recently quit smoking, and I don't really like having to be around all that smoke just to vape. Though, I've met quite a few cool vapers there.

Full Member Verified Member Camf's Avatar

If I'm at the parks, I usually jump over to the smoking sections for a quick fix and carry about my day.

My girlfriend and I do the same thing, just so we don't end up getting our passes pulled by someone having a bad day. We noticed that a lot of the old smoking areas are decommissioned now, so we're thinking of starting a petition to open those back up for vaping areas. All Disney would have to do is put a bench our two there, with a sign that says 'Vaping area'. It would cost disney near nothing to do it, and we'd be able to keep vaping and smoking separate.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Personally, when I vape in public, whether indoors or outdoors, I stealth vape. I inhale, then inhale again, hold it and then exhale...Nothing.

No one really looks at me putting whatever to my mouth, they look to see if anything comes out. If nothing visible comes out....No one says a thing.

People have a problem with the cloud...I get it....So I take away that visual trigger. If they don't see a cloud, they don't see an e-cig. Especially since my MVP 2 with mini protank looks NOTHING like a cig.

I'm not "sneaky" about it, I don't look ashamed, I just do it....and keep my cloud do myself....Never had an issue.

The ONLY time I got confronted was when the person in the cube next to me clouded it up with his e-cig and my boss thought it was me...He said you can't smoke that thing in here. I said I know....I'm not using it..... He then said...oh...I thought I saw smoke coming from your cube...I said...nope, wasn't me....
    ProVari: It's nothing more than a metal tube with a button on it that is well built and accurately delivers a set voltage continuously under load.

Super Member Verified Member iacchus's Avatar

I usually take the kid to DisneyWorld once a year. As of yet, I have had no issues with vaping. Going again in April, and just got finished putting together a theme park mod (kicked Roller with 10mL Russian 91). I plan to be as discrete as the smokers, and foresee no problems.

I am currently at a WDW hotel and going to all of the parks the next few days. Good news hearing that most people have not had a problem. I'm not too worried now. If anything does come up though, I'll make sure to post about it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast