Walmart Smoking Policy
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By WhySoCereal
  • 3 Post By cskent
  • 2 Post By DaveP

Thread: Walmart Smoking Policy

Full Member*

Default Walmart Smoking Policy

Walmart actually has e-cigs/PVs banned along with regular cigs in their smoking policy. Walmart thinks the only difference between PVs and regular cigs is PVs don't have tobacco leaves in them. Next time I'm at work I'll print the smoking policy out and scan it for you guys to read. I guess as far as customers go it depends on the store and who sees you vaping as to weather they will say something or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rinoaa52r View Post
    Walmart actually has e-cigs/PVs banned along with regular cigs in their smoking policy. Walmart thinks the only difference between PVs and regular cigs is PVs don't have tobacco leaves in them. Next time I'm at work I'll print the smoking policy out and scan it for you guys to read. I guess as far as customers go it depends on the store and who sees you vaping as to weather they will say something or not.
    Make sure that directly sharing/scanning company policy isn't a violation of company policy either . . .

. . . teeheehee.
    Talyon likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran

I work at the Big W too and am aware of the prohibited use of tobacco and e-cigs inside the store. I work the night shift and none of us would stop anyone from vaping inside unless they were being rude about it. Several of us are vapers and some have been known to take a hit now and then too, when out of sight of management and the security cameras.
    chawn243, Jman8 and Talyon like this.
    Hardware: Tesla, Vamo v3, Silver Bullet @ 3.7v, Omega @ 3.7v, a pile of 3.7v boxmods. I'm a diehard, old school dripper. There aren't many of us left anymore, too bad because that's how you get the cleanest, tastiest vape.

Full Member Verified Member

I work at Wal-Mart also. Haven't seen anything on this. I vape from time to time in the building.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mscott827 View Post
    I work at Wal-Mart also. Haven't seen anything on this. I vape from time to time in the building.
    I saw it in the CBL on the smoking policy.
    Hardware: Tesla, Vamo v3, Silver Bullet @ 3.7v, Omega @ 3.7v, a pile of 3.7v boxmods. I'm a diehard, old school dripper. There aren't many of us left anymore, too bad because that's how you get the cleanest, tastiest vape.

PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I vape openly in Walmart, but I'm just a customer. No one has ever given me a second look.

Employees can't vape? I guess that's typical company policy these days. I was an outside technical rep employee before I retired. I had to respect the various policies of my customers. Most required that you go to the parking lot to smoke or vape. We had a no smoking policy for inside company buildings for years, but you could smoke outside the front door. Then, the city passed a 25 foot rule to comply with state laws.

I wanted a rule that said no buttered microwave popcorn in the building. That fake butter smell makes me want to leave, although I love to eat popcorn.
    Talyon and Lorelei like this.

And I only smoked 6 a day for two years before that.

Provari and Sigelei Zmax V3 | CASAA Member

Haven't seen that cbl.

Full Member*

I don't remember there being a CBL about it but all you have to do is do a search on the wire for smoking policy. I don't mind going outside to do it, although what bugs me is that employees and management both will light up regulars and smoke right outside the front doors. Here in Illinois the law is 15 feet away. I at least go to the side of the building where I'm not potentially exposing customers to the vapor/smoke. As far as I know smoking and now vaping has and was always a privilege not a right so I try to treat it like that.
    Last edited by rinoaa52r; 01-20-2014 at 06:13 PM. Reason: added to

I agree. I RARELY vape inside. If I do there is absolutely no one around.