My Public Vaping Philosophy - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: My Public Vaping Philosophy

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Baldr View Post
    You seem to think that if we all hide, the people who want to pass those laws (primarily people associated with big phama, and people who want the tax money from cigarettes) will just quit passing those laws.

And your solution is "Lets treat vaping like smoking so they won't pass laws to make smoking laws apply to vaping".
    Once again, not things I even remotely said, nor any kind of solution I provided.

I am not trying to attack you or your ideas, this is an open discourse, I think I am bringing good discussion to the topic without attacking contributors, could you maybe do the same?
    zoiDman likes this.
    ‎"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan
    https://soundcloud.com/amoken - Music from Vape-Land

ECF Veteran

In a hypothetical world Baldr, what would you prefer; that the act of "vaporizing a solution with the intent to inhale it" made illegal, or that it was treated the same as the act of "igniting a substance with the intent to inhale it"?

This is purely hypothetical, just want to know, in that situation, what would be your preference?
    ‎"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

This is a tough subject isn't it? I always had the feeling most people would at least frown upon public vaping, but some of you guys do bring good arguments as to why one shouldn't shy away from public vaping. I'm going to reconsider my public vaping habits.
    wv2win, MissKitty47, Jman8 and 1 others like this.

kayfun lite+ on asgard DNA30

ECF Veteran

The bottom line is the whole point of a vape is to emulate smoking, sure it ISN'T smoking, but we sure are doing everything we can to make the end result as much like smoking as possible.

If we weren't trying to emulate smoking, we wouldn't be using carriers that produce visible vapor.

How can you sit there and say that even though you are specifically trying to produce something analogous to smoke, and emulate the act of smoking, but you don't want anyone to treat you as if it is smoke, when in reality there is almost no way to tell the difference visually?

Go bring a fake gun into a a public place, and fight for your rights to wave it around, just because its not actually a REAL gun...
    Last edited by jameth; 01-16-2014 at 08:13 PM.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I really have given this a lot of thought, and decided that stealth vaping is best for me. But I do admire those who publicly advocate unrestricted vaping, and make the effort to enlighten the non-vaping public. I just don't have the patience for that, though I will answer any polite and intelligent question as best I can ...

I'm also aware of the fact that smoking has been villified in US society for longer than the entire lifetime of those who are most likely to object violently to anything that resembles it, they simply cannot remember a time when this was not so. Add to that the contemporary acceptance of verbally assualting anyone whose behavior gives "offense", and you have vapers being confronted and told that they are somehow "violating the rights" of those who do not ...

I can think of few public behaviors that can be attacked with such impunity as smoking (or the perception of it), and most of them involve a commonly accepted taboo, like drunk driving or drug abuse, with proven consequences. Otherwise the objection could be ignored and dismissed ...

Got the "exploding battery/anti-freeze/nicotine causes cancer/kids will get addicted" admonishment just yesterday from a senior physicist here at work. This guy of course could not be corrected by someone with only an engineering degree ...

I sighed and moved on ...

In the future, hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst ...
    Moedog and CabinetGuyScott like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jameth View Post
    Once again, not things I even remotely said, nor any kind of solution I provided.

I am not trying to attack you or your ideas, this is an open discourse, I think I am bringing good discussion to the topic without attacking contributors, could you maybe do the same?
    It looks to me like you are saying things, then when I respond to them, you start complaining that you didn't say what you just got through saying. I'll just let you make up your own conversation, since you appear to be trolling.
    Jman8 likes this.
    30 years of smoking, over 3 packs a day before I started vaping. Then I bought my first PV. Cigarettes have lost their power over me. I've been free since 10/06/2011. Thanks ECF!

ECF Veteran

It looks to me like you are saying things, then when I respond to them, you start complaining that you didn't say what you just got through saying. I'll just let you make up your own conversation, since you appear to be trolling.
    Right...

I can see you are a great person to have out there championing vaping to the general public, you clearly have a good head on your shoulders and are able to debate topics fairly without introducing assumptions, putting words into peoples mouths, and then insulting them based on that, tell me again where I said "people vape to be cool"?

Thanks for helping....

I look forward to hearing other peoples feedback and thoughts on the topic.
    Last edited by jameth; 01-16-2014 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jameth View Post
    Right...

I can see you are a great person to have out there championing vaping to the general public, you clearly have a good head on your shoulders and are able to debate topics fairly without introducing assumptions, putting words into peoples mouths, and then insulting them based on that, tell me again where I said "people vape to be cool"?

Thanks for helping....

I look forward to hearing other peoples feedback and thoughts on the topic.
    You wrote : "I am all for anyones right to vape, but there is a growing crowd of "no-nic cloud blowers" that never smoked, and don't NEED or use nicotine, they just want to blow huge clouds inside COSTCO for absolutely no reason. "

Your implication is that that have "no reason" to vape, and their only reason to do it is because they think it's cool.

Your pretending that you didn't imply it is what makes you a troll.
    30 years of smoking, over 3 packs a day before I started vaping. Then I bought my first PV. Cigarettes have lost their power over me. I've been free since 10/06/2011. Thanks ECF!

ECF Veteran

You wrote : "I am all for anyones right to vape, but there is a growing crowd of "no-nic cloud blowers" that never smoked, and don't NEED or use nicotine, they just want to blow huge clouds inside COSTCO for absolutely no reason. "

Your implication is that that have "no reason" to vape, and their only reason to do it is because they think it's cool.

Your pretending that you didn't imply it is what makes you a troll.

Once again you are imparting your own garbage into my words.

Re read what I typed, and you quoted, and maybe this time you will read it right, I said they have NO REASON TO BLOW CLOUDS INSIDE COSTCO.

I did not imply that they have "no reason to vape", and your even putting another assumption on there, that it has anything to do with whats cool?!

I even stated in that SAME sentence, that it is for NO reason, how is that extrapolated to "I said the reason is they want to be cool"?

I am done reading things for you, next time you want to attack someone, try to base it in reality, I have been more then fair in my previous responses to you....
    Last edited by jameth; 01-16-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Blog Entries

I think, IMHO, that people should vape where its vape-friendly and stealth vape or don't vape at all in places you can't. Ask the owner/manger first, then comply to their wishes OR if you can get by with it, stealth it. But just don't whine and complain when you aren't allowed to. We vapers should all stick together even if we have different opinions about how we should go around vaping.

Vape on folks
    telsie likes this.
    This civilization is going to stupid itself to death.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast