My Public Vaping Philosophy
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: My Public Vaping Philosophy

Senior Member Verified Member espkh123's Avatar

Default My Public Vaping Philosophy

My thoughts on this issue are this.

I constantly vape where smoking isn't allowed.

I am a new but heavy vaper as I used to smoke a pack a day.

Story time!

I was at Physical Therapy getting my leg and ankle worked on and casually pulled out my vape. I didn't stealth vape or anything. I was on limited sleep also so I didn't really think about it.
    I was vaping my vanilla gelato juice which smells amazing.
    I had 2 people come up to me and tell me how they loved the smell.
    My Physical Therapist asked me what it was.
    Told her about it and explained why it is better and helped me quit.
    Asked to smell it so I blew it in her face (upon permission ofc...)
    She loved it too and asked me if I could bring it more often as it smelled like a vanilla candle lol.
    Not once have I been asked to put it away, as of yet!
    I have been confronted by management in retail locations and other environments where smoking isn't allowed who ask what I am doing.
    I explain how it helped me quit smoking and is saving my life and they have no complaints, they usually ask if a customer complains it has to go (or go to where no one can see - their words).

Lesson to be learned here is simple: Vape where you want to, be compliant with management (if asked to not do it there or follow their regulations do so! Or you can explain it and see if they change their minds), and be respectful by using common sense.
    wv2win, jpargana, Karli and 5 others like this.

Senior Member Verified Member BabyCrusher's Avatar

I to, often break speed limits. Live dangerously friend

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Diogenes and espkh123 like this.
    One does not know convenience until gifted with a REO

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I,personally, don't like to push the envelope. I have seen people who blow huge clouds in weird places like a small store or in a resteraunt..i just shake my head. The thing about doing that is you might attract negativity to vaping, if there are ignorant or people who are uneducated about vaping...they might not realize that this device is saving your life and they may stur up a bit of a scene. I vape where smoking is allowed, unless its a large department store or something then I can sneak into an isle and get a vape. ddv

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoy View Post
    I,personally, don't like to push the envelope. I have seen people who blow huge clouds in weird places like a small store or in a resteraunt..i just shake my head. The thing about doing that is you might attract negativity to vaping, if there are ignorant or people who are uneducated about vaping...they might not realize that this device is saving your life and they may stur up a bit of a scene. I vape where smoking is allowed, unless its a large department store or something then I can sneak into an isle and get a vape. ddv
    I have seen some people do that too out of their RDA's with low ohms. It gets annoying.
    When I go out in public I just use a kanger tank with an itaste battery. I don't get huge clouds.
    I've started just carrying around business cards to the local shop with me because most of the people who say anything to me are smokers.
    MissKitty47 and Jman8 like this.

Full Member ECF Veteran

It's a double edged sword to each and everyone of us. For the fighter/warrior inside of me as a retired Army soldier, I believe in fighting for your rights no matter the ramifications. Yes we are all afraid of upsetting people, but more and more we are being "CONTROLLED" by ignorance. Yes it is true that we don't know all the health concerns associated with vaping, we don't have billion's and billion's of dollars to put into the extensive testing our so called governments want to put everything through and try to pass it off as "for our own safety". Well guess what? We as a human race would never have amounted to a hill of beans let alone the dominating species unless we made the choices that have led us this far in life. You can live life to the fullest and question every decision someone else is making for you, or you can fall in line and never experience life.

Vaping saved my wifes life. I don't care the outcome if someone get's upset about it because it is our choice. I respect others rights but at the same time, if I am walking down a sidewalk outside and get verbally assaulted about vaping, then I tell them the truth and try to fill them in. But you can't educate the ignorant no matter how hard you try. You can only live your life by your own choices and live with the consequences. Live for something or die for nothing!
    wv2win, jpargana, RosaJ and 7 others like this.

Sushi joint - cool with it. Restaurant - cool with it. Target - Stange looks , but otherwise cool with it. Sports bar - "Sir, you can't do that in here." WT...?
    DaveP and Hostil like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Being obvious and blowing clouds where you are not allowed to smoke just because you can, is IMHO the absolute worst thing a vaper can do.

I am all for stealth vaping respectfully, and do that any chance I get, but these people that think that just because they can (for now), that they should make it super obvious to everyone else in public, are quite literally destroying the fabric of what made vaping so great up until now.

The best part about vaping to me? The ability to vape and get your nicotine fix WITHOUT being obvious about it.

Now we have all these people that vape with the sole purpose to BE OBVIOUS...

I am all for anyones right to vape, but there is a growing crowd of "no-nic cloud blowers" that never smoked, and don't NEED or use nicotine, they just want to blow huge clouds inside COSTCO for absolutely no reason.

These are the people that are going to bring the ban hammer and legislation to us faster than your coil can heat up....

People that don't even really have a reason to vape in the first place, are a bigger influence on the general public and government then those of us that have had our lives saved by it, that is sad.

This is the beginning of the end of vaping as we old schoolers knew it...
    Last edited by jameth; 01-13-2014 at 05:11 PM.
    ‎"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan
    https://soundcloud.com/amoken - Music from Vape-Land

Full Member ECF Veteran

I agree with Jameth. Welcome the "Time-Out" generation. They are all special because mommy or daddy told them so. They don't need a reason to do it other then they saw some douche-nozzle on youtube do it and they want to follow whatever trend is "hip". Original thought is out the window, thinking for one's own self has gone the way of the dodo bird. But hey, we get to look forward to retirement when these kids are taking care of us.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran celticluvr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ericm12121977 View Post
    It's a double edged sword to each and everyone of us. For the fighter/warrior inside of me as a retired Army soldier, I believe in fighting for your rights no matter the ramifications. Yes we are all afraid of upsetting people, but more and more we are being "CONTROLLED" by ignorance. Yes it is true that we don't know all the health concerns associated with vaping, we don't have billion's and billion's of dollars to put into the extensive testing our so called governments want to put everything through and try to pass it off as "for our own safety". Well guess what? We as a human race would never have amounted to a hill of beans let alone the dominating species unless we made the choices that have led us this far in life. You can live life to the fullest and question every decision someone else is making for you, or you can fall in line and never experience life.

Vaping saved my wifes life. I don't care the outcome if someone get's upset about it because it is our choice. I respect others rights but at the same time, if I am walking down a sidewalk outside and get verbally assaulted about vaping, then I tell them the truth and try to fill them in. But you can't educate the ignorant no matter how hard you try. You can only live your life by your own choices and live with the consequences. Live for something or die for nothing!

I wish I could like this a thousand more times. Completely agree 10000%
    wv2win, MissKitty47, RosaJ and 1 others like this.
    This civilization is going to stupid itself to death.

I haven't really elaborate on how I vape yet.
    Like I said, for public where it is a grey area like store, I use my VV / tank setup.
    I dont blow clouds like I do when I am driving or writing this reply. I blow out slow (so the vapor evaporates quicker) but not a complete stealth vape. If I am in line or standing somewhere where little kids are around, I seldom stealth vape but usually i never do it.
    Sometimes I blow it out normal since it isnt a big cloud such as a sub-ohm mech.
    My mechanical will be used when I am not out in public. It will be used where vaping is common and accepted though in public places.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast