Has anyone ever gotten their E-Cig taken away by a Night Club?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Has anyone ever gotten their E-Cig taken away by a Night Club?

Default Has anyone ever gotten their E-Cig taken away by a Night Club?

Or turned down at the door for having one?

A lot of clubs around here have strict searches and pat downs and some are really relentless (throwing away unopened packs of gum, for example)

I'm a producer/DJ and visit a lot of nightclubs. Recently I quit smoking and switched to an Ego style ecig. It's obvious to see how it may look like some sort of drug paraphernalia to the uninformed. I'm a little worried about the risk of losing an expensive piece of equipment (and my sanity for the night)

At the risk of relapsing, I'm really trying to avoid ever having to go back to analogs for anything and really hate the less conspicuous cig-a-likes (although something tells me those could be a target as well) so I'm just curious to see if any forum members have ever gotten their gear confiscated by confused bouncers.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

That is the norm for Private property. It is just that Private and they can make their own rules. You are an invited guest not a right to enter public area. Unless their rules conflict with local or federal laws you do not have to comply but you can be refused admission or if inside be asked to leave. Besides smuggling and stealth vaping is fun! Stock up on disposable Cig-A-Likes.
    naibaf likes this.

Yeah I guess that's what I'll have to start doing. At least until I'm the super-star headliner :P

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Buy some cheap mini egos (350mah or 450 mah) and/or get some disposables like White Clouds

GL!

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

I was thinking about staying loyal to Halo and picking up a G6 for more stealthy vaping. I hear as far as cigalikes that one is top of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylite View Post
    Or turned down at the door for having one?

A lot of clubs around here have strict searches and pat downs and some are really relentless (throwing away unopened packs of gum, for example)

I'm a producer/DJ and visit a lot of nightclubs. Recently I quit smoking and switched to an Ego style ecig. It's obvious to see how it may look like some sort of drug paraphernalia to the uninformed. I'm a little worried about the risk of losing an expensive piece of equipment (and my sanity for the night)

At the risk of relapsing, I'm really trying to avoid ever having to go back to analogs for anything and really hate the less conspicuous cig-a-likes (although something tells me those could be a target as well) so I'm just curious to see if any forum members have ever gotten their gear confiscated by confused bouncers.
    It sounds like you're hanging out in the same bars that gang thugs like to hang out in.

Regardless, a bar has every right to ask you not to vape, or to not let you enter. They can't just steal your belongings. If a club took anything I owned, I'd call the cops and raise hell.

But honestly, I think you are worried for nothing. Bars and clubs are pretty familiar with these.
    Susaz, jpargana, Jman8 and 1 others like this.
    30 years of smoking, over 3 packs a day before I started vaping. Then I bought my first PV. Cigarettes have lost their power over me. I've been free since 10/06/2011. Thanks ECF!

I'm in SLC, I'm a dj and I play at various raves and clubs and every venue I've been to recently has really accepted e-cigs with open arms, as far as I can tell, as long as you vape in the smokers section.
    Stylite and Bionicunderwear like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If your working add it to your contract, if not their house their rules.
    Stylite likes this.
    Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed grand

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" - Benjamin Franklin

Full Member Verified Member

Most clubs don't care about them that i have been to. Once even in vancouver, where ecigarettes or are not as readily available they patted me down, felt the ego and simply asked if it was an e cig and then let me in.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Nermal's Avatar

Why on earth would anyone submit to a pat down search to enter a club?
    Rickajho, AndriaD and dshgr like this.
    How can you possibly respect a person who can only think of one way to spell a word? - Andrew Jackson (paraphrased)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast