Why Vapers are getting a BAD NAME. - Page 101
Page 101 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1260
Like Tree3692Likes

Thread: Why Vapers are getting a BAD NAME.

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC2 View Post
    But they'll ride on your shoulder...
    When you're out and about...

Isn't that what life's all about?
    So do Monkeys. But I don't want on My Back. LOL

You want to Walk Around with a Rat on your Shoulder, Go for It.

But I say TOGRIADR
    (The Only Good Rat is a Dead Rat)

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

See, here's the thing...

We need every one one of us.
    Each of us doing our thing, the way we see best.

We need militant vapers because they make the compromisers more attractive to those that would crush us.
    We need compromisers because the militant vapers are never going to get what they want.

We need Democrats and Republicans.
    We need mothers and grandfathers and fiends and neighbors.

We need everyone who understands the importance and value of vaping, and what it has meant to us.

I try to stay out of either "side" when these topics come up.
    Because I believe in attacking from all angles.

Both sides have a point to make.

If we can all work together, then none of us are left behind.
    How's that for a steaming load of kumbaya?

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

See, here's the thing...

We need militant vapers because they make the compromisers more attractive to those that would crush us.
    We need compromisers because the militant vapers are never going to get what they want.

We need everyone who understands the importance and value of vaping, and what it has meant to us.

Trust Me DC... We Don't Need Militant Vaper's. Not Then. Not Now. Not Every.

They may make for some Great Debates on an Electronic Cigarette Form. And Lots of People Love to come and see Someone Call Someone Else an ANTZ.

But in the Real World, the World where e-Cigarette Policies are Made, they do Nothing but Hinder those who are Trying to Get some Amount of Compromise in e-Cigarette Use.
    Jay-dub likes this.

Nascent Vaping Writer Verified Member
    Supporting Member

What we need is common sense among people and an interest in creating laws based on truth.

The former may be a pipe dream, but with a dedicated effort by as many people as possible, we can accomplish the latter.
    jpargana, zoiDman, Anjaffm and 1 others like this.
    Check out my "ECF Trilogy" of vaping-related short stories:
    Vol 1: Hell Hath No Fury, Vol 2: The Post Office, Vol 3: The Great Vapor War (in development)

And fight for your right to vape by joining CASAA today!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran celticluvr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

See, here's the thing...

^^^^ This^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by CKCalmer View Post
    What we need is common sense among people and an interest in creating laws based on truth.

The former may be a pipe dream, but with a dedicated effort by as many people as possible, we can accomplish the latter.
    And This ^^^^^^^^ EXCELLENT!

Name:  party.gif
Views: 109
Size:  16.3 KBName:  fiesta.gif
Views: 108
Size:  12.1 KB
    Anjaffm and CKCalmer like this.
    This civilization is going to stupid itself to death.

Default It's ALWAYS gonna be SOMETHING....

As the father of a youngin', myself. I somewhat understand the OP's problem with vaper-girl.

Got it.

However, it's always gonna be something. There's always going to be SOME thing people want to ..... about. I had the same problem when I smoked Analogs. The people who would get a whiff, and act like they just contracted Cancer immediately with their nonsense coughing and waving. If they take their air-quality so damn seriously, maybe they should be on top of the research?

For instance: Exposed: Cancer-Causing Toxins Found in Air Fresheners | Care2 Healthy Living

Now, was the OP equally offended by the use fog machines at theaters or concerts? Does he complain about the air-quality there? I wonder is he has an issue with the use of Air Fresheners in the Doc's office? No. But no doubt SOMEONE will.

If not by Air Fresheners, then maybe: Is Your Mattress Toxic? Hidden Dangers in Your Sleeping Environment - Red and Honey

It's everywhere. Something "bad for us" is EVERYWHERE. Even in our own beds.

I wonder how many people who faux cough or gag when real tobacco smoke, or even when relatively harmless vapor is around, have fireplaces in their home? How many snuggle with their little ones around a cozy fire breathing in it's essence?

They might want to see this: American Lung Association Cautions Against Wood-burning and Urges Cleaner Alternatives for Winter Heat - American Lung Association

We live in a synthetic world. Most the things we live in, and around, could very well endanger us, and our children. From our chemically-treated furniture and mattress, to the very shirt on our back: Synthetic Dyes: A look at Environmental & Human Risks | Green Cotton

Taking it all into consideration, a little vaporized E-Liquid is peanuts.
    Myk, DC2, jpargana and 5 others like this.
    V3tronix Flip #TLNGA800 Hana Modz Mini Pack V3 #33

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-dub View Post
    I'm just not willing to confront a business or private property owner if they do have a problem. Not without developing a rapport first anyway. Then, I'd start mentioning it occasionally. I always want to caution against being too cavalier.
    Not sure what you mean by confrontation, but I'm yet to confront a business or private property owner with an in your face vape session after they told me no. Nor do I always ask them why do they disallow. But I think it is important to ask why. And I have asked why. Depends on my mood I guess. Just as if I'm going to vape indoors in a place may depend on my mood, at times.

If a place has said no, and I've found out it is based on ignorance (cause it looks like smoking), then I will or have vaped there. Not routinely, and not cavalierly. I've done it in a way where I'm fairly certain the manager or staff would not see me. And didn't do it (strictly) out of spite, but because I felt like it, and I was very confident that no one would notice given the location (which in reality is most locations).

In the places I've vaped where it is allowed, when I'm in there on my own, I would say people don't even know that I'm vaping, openly. Like Home Depot would be perfect example. I could take about 10 puffs while wandering that wonderful establishment and unless I'm vaping near cash registers, I'm fairly confident nobody will notice it occurring. This being a place that twice has said it is okay. If they suddenly changed policy, I'm not sure why I would stop doing it there as I really don't think they would ever notice it being any different from a vaper like me. Heck, for all I know, everyone that's in a Home Depot is vaping. Unless you see someone doing it, how would you ever know?

Rats are super cute, and very intelligent.

And they will ride on your shoulder when you are out and about.
    How is that not a good thing?
    I was once on one of my adventures years ago in St. Petersburg, Russia, at a little kiosk on Vasilyevski Island on line to buy some Baltica beer, when an old babushka came in behind me with a huge rat on her shoulder. The rat was sick looking with lesions on its face and surely diseased. I was terrified, even though I easily outweighed the rat by 250 lbs. Needing the Baltica to survive the endless daylight, which is white nights, I waited and waited on line until I could buy the strong, warm malt beer- which is delicious on a hot, humid day, nervously looking over my shoulder at the rat, thinking it would jump off the old babushka and on to me...
    PLANofMAN and lvm111 like this.

Myk

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked & Coiled View Post
    Taking it all into consideration, a little vaporized E-Liquid is peanuts.
    But I'm allergic to peanuts.
    Jman8, Anjaffm and celticluvr like this.

$2453 spent on ecigs. Join http://www.casaa.org/ protect your ability to vape.

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by zoiDman View Post
    Trust Me DC... We Don't Need Militant Vaper's. Not Then. Not Now. Not Every.

They may make for some Great Debates on an Electronic Cigarette Form. And Lots of People Love to come and see Someone Call Someone Else an ANTZ.

But in the Real World, the World where e-Cigarette Policies are Made, they do Nothing but Hinder those who are Trying to Get some Amount of Compromise in e-Cigarette Use.
    This displays an understanding of how things really work. It's unfortunate that they work that way but that's how she goes. The whole point of harsh proposals is for a strong starting point in negotiations. And by negotiations, I mean a thug has walked into your place and said "Nice place, it's a shame if x,y or z happened to it". This is public though, so it's obfuscated with political bells and whistles but you get my message. Now, we know we're not getting out of this unscathed. It's time to minimize cost in the short term with a token offer to buy time for hiring our own thugs. If only I knew someone with knowledge of 501(c)(4)'s.