Why Vapers are getting a BAD NAME. - Page 14
Page 14 of 126 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree3692Likes

Thread: Why Vapers are getting a BAD NAME.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKSTER View Post
    I vape where I wish to vape...is that a good enough answer for you?
    As this was addressed to me, I would say post #122 would be my (mature) response.

After seeing post #128, which actually humored me (first line being almost signature worthy), then my updated response would be:
    a) not so mature and/or
    b) best I just go with what post #129 said.
    Uma and Katatawnic like this.

Myk

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKSTER View Post
    You are inhaling nic that is not healthy, no matter how you slice. I think you should do some research on nic.
    And that would be why the nicorette inhaler didn't pass medical testing and is illegal?
    Oh wait, it did and it's not. Maybe you need to do the research.

Quote Originally Posted by 8dragon9 View Post
    Let me pose this, do you all vape if someone asks you not to in their home? Would you vape if your boss says you cant?
    That has nothing to do with this.
    But no I wouldn't vape in someone's house if they told me not to vape. If it was winter I would make sure I had a pack of cigarettes before going to their house and I would avoid going to their house as much as possible.
    wv2win, Uma, Katatawnic and 5 others like this.

$2453 spent on ecigs. Join http://www.casaa.org/ protect your ability to vape.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Iffy View Post
    OMG! I don't know if it's because it's late here in Pennsylvania, but I can't stop laughing at this! How funny!!!! Thank you!!!
    otrpu and ambeck22 like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 8dragon9 View Post
    Let me pose this, do you all vape if someone asks you not to in their home? Would you vape if your boss says you cant?
    That's a good and fair question within this discussion.

My response is that I probably would not vape where someone told me, directly, I could not. Yet I would very likely engage in a discussion to discover the reason for why not. If that reason was one that was based on ignorance (i.e. because SHV is harmful, and that point is not up for discussion) or discussion is not one of a 2 way street of respect, then I may just vape in that location. Not for sure that I would, and not in front of them, but it would be akin to if I were told (indirectly) to not vape in an outdoor park as a matter of policy by current manager of that park (system). And I learned that the policy was in place because SHV is deemed to be harmful without any (legitimate) evidence to back that assertion up.

I realize that is rebellious and/or comes off as vindictive, but my reality so far with this is it has only come up once (in 2012, no less). Here in early 2014, with usage bans sweeping the country I reside in, I honestly think that sort of rebellion is called for. It would be a peaceful rebellion and if need be, would result in me and others demonstrating that SHV poses between very little and no harm to all persons in an area, regardless of their age. And that SHV can bypass the annoyance factor because it is a virtually invisible activity, with next to no odor.

If a boss said no to vaping, I would be seeking consistency on that sort of policy and where I felt it was being circumvented with other items, I may seek to exploit that for sake of further dialogue and consistency on principle of the matter. But assuming the job is that important to me, I would unlikely vape in a place where the boss said not to.
    Myk, Uma, Katatawnic and 1 others like this.

So I was sitting on a plane waiting for takeoff and this lady sat next to me, smiled and proceeded to fix her makeup. I'm thinking.. oh god I hope she doesn't want to talk. Then she pulls out some little bottle and spritzes her god awful perfume all over herself and me. I felt like gagging and I guess I gave her a look. She looks at me and says.. but it's cartier..

I'm new here and don't know the politics but it seems to me that blowing a cloud of anything at another person is kinda rude. If I was in a doctor's waiting room with my sick kid, I would be the first to say something if someone blew a cloud anywhere near my kid. I don't care what it is.. don't be blowing clouds in a doctors office.. someone in this room is not well.. and one more cloud in my kids face will get that mod shoved down your throat..

I vape because I'm a nicotine addict and I can step outside just like the guy that needs a smoke. A little bit of courtesy really does go a long way.

This mentality of "just because it isn't known to be harmful so I will vape whenever and wherever" that will bring legislation down on vapers for sure. All anyone has to do is appeal to the ignorant masses.. just like they are doing successfully now.

Vapers may know better.. or not.. but vapers are a minority and minorities get trampled more often than not.

educate first, then demonstrate.

Common courtesy still applies and none of us or anyone else knows exactly the harm done by vaping. Anywhere you wouldnt dare light up a cig you shouldnt be vaping! DONT BE THAT PERSON!

Super Member* Verified Member 8dragon9's Avatar

Thats where I was going with that statement. Courtesy. If someone asks me not to do something within their home, I abide by it. Its just damn rude otherwise. Just because our vaper.is not harmless, or to us doesnt smell bad, does not mean we have any right to circumvent common courtesy and respect of someone elses personal space. Its pure arrogance and disrespect to take on the fak you I will do what I want attitude especially with a substance, and substance delivery system that is currently under a lot of scrutiny at this point in time.

sent from the s4 of DOOOM
    zoiDman, BillyTheWild and Legolas like this.

Super Member* Verified Member 8dragon9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman8 View Post
    That's a good and fair question within this discussion.

My response is that I probably would not vape where someone told me, directly, I could not. Yet I would very likely engage in a discussion to discover the reason for why not. If that reason was one that was based on ignorance (i.e. because SHV is harmful, and that point is not up for discussion) or discussion is not one of a 2 way street of respect, then I may just vape in that location. Not for sure that I would, and not in front of them, but it would be akin to if I were told (indirectly) to not vape in an outdoor park as a matter of policy by current manager of that park (system). And I learned that the policy was in place because SHV is deemed to be harmful without any (legitimate) evidence to back that assertion up.

I realize that is rebellious and/or comes off as vindictive, but my reality so far with this is it has only come up once (in 2012, no less). Here in early 2014, with usage bans sweeping the country I reside in, I honestly think that sort of rebellion is called for. It would be a peaceful rebellion and if need be, would result in me and others demonstrating that SHV poses between very little and no harm to all persons in an area, regardless of their age. And that SHV can bypass the annoyance factor because it is a virtually invisible activity, with next to no odor.

If a boss said no to vaping, I would be seeking consistency on that sort of policy and where I felt it was being circumvented with other items, I may seek to exploit that for sake of further dialogue and consistency on principle of the matter. But assuming the job is that important to me, I would unlikely vape in a place where the boss said not to.
    This ive been through, when I started vaping my wife, daughter, and myself were living with my parents to get on our feet, my.mother smokes, my stepdad is a cold turkey quitter of 10 years, they initially said no (now mind you im 24) we discussed it, tried it, and besides cinnimon as mom simply hated the fireball aroma for what ever reason, it went fine and they converted to being ok with it. At my work originally we vaped anywhere, higher ups decided not in the shop do to some people being irritated by four vapors keeping the break room so misty during lunch along with an allergy which I was fine with, those were logical reasons and I abide by it

sent from the s4 of DOOOM
    wv2win, Uma, Katatawnic and 2 others like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jwoode View Post
    I'm new here and don't know the politics but it seems to me that blowing a cloud of anything at another person is kinda rude.
    Do you realize that people are blowing clouds of something every single time they exhale? How's that sit with you?

If I was in a doctor's waiting room with my sick kid, I would be the first to say something if someone blew a cloud anywhere near my kid. I don't care what it is.. don't be blowing clouds in a doctors office.. someone in this room is not well.. and one more cloud in my kids face will get that mod shoved down your throat..
    Why this sort of comment is allowed to stand in this sort of discussion is beyond me. Blowing a cloud in someone's face and let's go on for 10+ pages about it, but say you'll use violence to deal with a situation and not a big deal? Out of curiosity what do you think would happen an hour, day, or week after you did this action? I'll give you a clue. You and your kid would be talking thru a glass window for at least a few months.
    Myk, Uma, Katatawnic and 4 others like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LeftHandBlack View Post
    Common courtesy still applies and none of us or anyone else knows exactly the harm done by vaping.
    We have science that strongly suggests and/or provides evidence for exhaled vapor being of no significant harm to anyone in an enclosed space. To deny this must be very convenient. Akin to putting forth the claim that none of us or anyone else knows exactly the harm done by exhaling carbon dioxide into a room. Not to mention, exhaling whatever it is that has you sitting in a waiting room of a doctor's office.
    wv2win, Uma, Katatawnic and 2 others like this.