Why Vapers are getting a BAD NAME. - Page 4
Page 4 of 126 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree3692Likes

Thread: Why Vapers are getting a BAD NAME.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vermonster13 View Post
    I must have missed out where the OP flipped out. Farther into the thread we go the more the story grows. Wonder why antz disinformation gets footholds so easily.
    Right here:

Quote Originally Posted by LEDBETTER122 View Post
    I of course got extremely POed, and said something to the woman, how it was disrespectful with all these Infants sitting within 10 feet of her "Vaping".
    Uma, Katatawnic and fpkites like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Where's the flipped out? Assuming we all know leads to folly. He was POd didn't say he screamed at her or made a public spectacle of it. I can be very POd and still speak calmly.
    zoiDman and BillyTheWild like this.
    A digital God in an analog world.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ruet View Post
    Yup, I read some old newspaper clippings about the millions of people found dead in their garages during the advent of the automobile.

CDC - Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Frequently Asked Questions

"Each year, more than 400 Americans die from unintentional CO poisoning, more than 20,000 visit the emergency room and more than 4,000 are hospitalized due to CO poisoning."

We know about carbone monoxide and there are still 20,000 visits to the emergency room. If you buy a generator at the store, on the label it will say Never use a generator inside homes, garages, crawlspaces, or other partly enclosed areas.
    Seriously? You just tried a fact based response to that post? Good diety! You are talking about .0001 of the population. At the time of mass production of the automobile that would come out to about 90 deaths.
    Last edited by ruet; 02-04-2014 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Added quote and fixed tags from LEDBETTER122, fixed calculation
    Katatawnic likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Why does it HAVE TO be proven safe? Why don't they prove that it is bad? That's what a court of law requires.

Just saying; society and its winers are getting a to much. Nothing should be done until the FDA comes with a ruling.

As to vaping in public, I can last an hour before I get my fix. In-door public places, I am discreet. Heck, bathrooms have stalls. I really avoid the vaping clouds, too.

I don't want to put a bad spin on the public's opinion.

Jere
    Myk, Uma, jpargana and 5 others like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm with the OP on this one! I vape openly in most places I go. Let's be realistic here, in a pediatrician's office, really?
    A wise man once said...nothing, he listened.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Personally, my daughter of 2 yrs loves the smell of my vapes, says it smells pretty and yummy. Kinda cute.
    But my middle son, now 15 was hospitalized at 4 months of age and was there for 8 months. Childrens hospital,in DC.
    I would not have appreciated any one vaping, or smoking near him till he hit the double digits in age and was old enough to move to another location if the smoke bothered him.

Luckily my daughter is a healthy thriving lil young lady. But it was very stressful for me with my son. Not knowing what caused his illness and the fear and stress of it happening again. I was told his heart could suddenly stop for any unknown reason.

We likely wont know any negative side effects of vaping for another 10 or so years. Much like many medications we are put on, years later they come back and say oh, thats not good for you. Oops.

Point is regardless if its ok or not , safe or not, i feel people/children should be treated with respect especially if they are unable to remove themselves from the environment.

This is my opinion only.
    Mini provari / Dripper Pro, Provari / Ibtanked with Sophia
    My Unidentified as to not break rules Clone / Ibtank with Diver V2,
    GP Paps lux v3 / Ebaron Spiral

Ultra Member ECF Veteran skoony's Avatar

two words.
    discretion,decorum.

regards
    mike

Super Member Verified Member LotusGirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To me, if you're in an area where you wouldn't smoke an analog...then keep that level of consideration and don't vape. Just because you "can" and it's not harmful, doesn't mean you "should". But that's just me. Not judging.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran celticluvr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ruet View Post
    So which is it? I get offended merely being in the presence of other humans. What, with the CO2 emissions, the flatulence, halitosis, colds, flu's and any other number of personal space invaders. I also get offended that someone does not simply have enough will power to not shop at Walmart.
    Just because you don't like walmart doesn't mean that you have to put it down... for some that is the ONLY store for MILES around. Personally I'd rather have walmart clothes than crappy $60+ shirts that last only a few wearings before it is torn to and back. Just saying.

Back on topic: I don't think blowing clouds everywhere is very proactive, it'll just tick off the ignorant and the considerate vapers. Every time we go shopping, we put away our PV's. We are allowed to vape at our gas station but it still feels rude so we don't.

I also don't think fussing loudly at someone being rude enough to blow clouds around others children is very proactive either. Maybe quietly asking them to stop first is better? Then if they start being a butt then say something more... well... to your liking.

This is all just my . No offense is intended and I truly am sorry if you feel so.
    Last edited by celticluvr; 02-06-2014 at 06:35 AM.
    Myk, Uma, EleanorR and 2 others like this.
    This civilization is going to stupid itself to death.

I just think it's crazy how disrespectful some people get with the whole "It's not a real cigarette, so I can smoke it when and where I want".
    You still think it's smoking, and you still think it should be treated like smoking. But it's not smoking. It doesn't have the same health issues, or the smell.

I don't care for the way the lady did it in your story. A pediatricians office is out of line, IMO. But as long as you think of it as "You're smoking, go away!" then it's really hard to take you serious.
    chinolofus, Uma, otrpu and 8 others like this.
    30 years of smoking, over 3 packs a day before I started vaping. Then I bought my first PV. Cigarettes have lost their power over me. I've been free since 10/06/2011. Thanks ECF!