Why Vapers are getting a BAD NAME.
Page 1 of 126 123451151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree3692Likes

Thread: Why Vapers are getting a BAD NAME.

Default Why Vapers are getting a BAD NAME.

I started vaping about 6 months ago; I am now completely winged off "Analog" cigarettes. I am glad that there is a Safer alternative to smoking, but I always hear and see complaints about E cigarette users. Now I treat my E-Cig as I would if it were a "Analog", I don't smoke in Walmarts or in Restaurants, because even though it's not a "Real" cigarette I find it disrespectful to others around you (Who don't smoke).

Getting to my story, today I took my 2 month old son and daughter (Twins) for their check up and shots. Me and my girlfriend were sitting in the lobby with around 5 other people with their children and infants with them. I noticed this woman sitting across the room bringing her jacket pocket up to her mouth (trying to be sneaky I guess), and exhaled a big plume of Vapor.

I of course got extremely POed, and said something to the woman, how it was disrespectful with all these Infants sitting within 10 feet of her "Vaping".

I just think it's crazy how disrespectful some people get with the whole "It's not a real cigarette, so I can smoke it when and where I want".

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Moving to vaping in public

Kindly keep this topic civil.

Thank you.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

If I'm awake, I vape!
    No 'bakky' since Apr 14, 2011, after 45 years of 2 PaD <insert Snoopy dance here>

4. 02-04-2014, 06:37 PM

Moved On

Reason
    Inappropriate and disruptive

PV Master* ECF Veteran Rocketpunk's Avatar

There is no second-hand vapor and infants will never, ever, ever remember that experience. She was harming no one and attempted to be stealthy about it. Now, getting caught is not stealthy "enough", but to have another vaper call her out...

Rudeness or not, there is no need to get upset. That woman never knew you, never met you, never interacted with you in your entire life up until that point. And yet you feel the right to interject yourself into her life? She "did something" to "piss you off", and now you have the right to enter her world and tell her what she's doing wrong?

Dude, face it, you're you, everyone else is everyone else, and not everyone's going to be or agree exactly like you. This applies to more than just vaping:

DEAL WITH IT.
    Myk, wv2win, emus and 36 others like this.
    FIRE THE LASER BEAM!

Member of the CFFC Cholos. Carto tanks Forever Forever Carto tanks. Hola vato!

ECF Veteran

The whole "vape anywhere" attitude will be the undoing of ecigs.

I've vaped since 2009..if someone blew a cloud around my child, I'd say something..Especially in a doc's office. WTH? That's pretty douchey imo.

As a matter of fact, I think not saying anything to someone that is doing something along these lines is..well- cowardly.

Go vape in the bathroom/hallway/elevator/outside..where ever. Point being, people are never going to accept folks blowing clouds of vape in certain places. Period.

You can be as militant about vaping as you want..but your "habit" shouldn't invade other's space. When it does, don't be shocked to hear about it from them.

edit:lol at Mr. Doughnuts..peace out
    Last edited by uba egar320; 02-04-2014 at 07:04 PM.
    How long? Not long, because what you reap is what you sow.

ECF Veteran

You have no idea what she was vaping and with so little science still done its best to err on the side of caution. We are at a very precarious time for vaping.
    A digital God in an analog world.

Super Member* Verified Member Don Robertson's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And should those folks EVER get an opportunity to vote on a BAN of e-vaporizers ...... how ya think they will lean?

Did others in the room here you? Add 'em to the list.

Way behind already, huh?

Senile Old Man Don
    STOP FDA CONTROL! Join CASAA today! http://www.casaa.org/Become_a_Member.html

Ultra Member ECF Veteran flbutterfly1's Avatar

I also get offended that someone does not simply have enough will power to wait to vape. I had an incident in walmart just a few weeks ago in the chip isle woman and man passing an ego back and forth between them vaping all over the store. They had a 2 yr old in the cart but that is not what offended me it was the fact that they should have vaped, smoked or used their nicotine product outside the store. It is not the idea that vapor is going to hurt anyone just the fact that they were invading others personal space. I don't vape in people's homes unless they do. Last time I checked walmart is not a vape or smoking lounge it is a store. I also find it disgusting that some people bring their monkeys or dogs into the grocery part of walmart. If I wanted to pet your damn animals I would come to your house.

PV Master ECF Veteran DetraMental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If she'd have held the vape in and let it dissolve there instead of blowing out a plume would you have still been as peeved?
    Uma, Katatawnic, ambeck22 and 4 others like this.

Have a sense of humor, keep a sense of humor, don't lose your sense of humor....

I probably would not have minded it, if she would have held it in.

There are such few studies about e-cigs and No long term studies, to prove that it is actually 100% safe.

Heck people probably thought it was safe at one point to start their cars in a closed garage, not knowing the exhaust actually had carbon monoxide in it.

The point is if you can’t wait 15 minutes without vaping while your in Wal-Mart or in a restaurant, get some nicorette or something.
    pegling, Uma, Stosh and 11 others like this.

Page 1 of 126 123451151101 ... LastLast