still ashamed to vape in public
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: still ashamed to vape in public

Senior Member ECF Veteran glycerol's Avatar

Default still ashamed to vape in public

so, i'm vaping for like an year now, not a single stinky, but i'm still feeling uncomfortable to vape in front of other people (especially kids) since i imagine that in the eyes of others my pt2 looks like a {OTHER STUFF} or smthng similar. it was kinda easier with the egos since they were more discreet, but no one can take my 2.6ml bccs away from me - they're so handy. anyway, do you still feel ashamed of vaping in public? i ocassionally get some bad looks from elderly people and i don't like it, i also don't like seeing young people observing me with interest and i get the feeling i'm promoting an illegal activity or smthng.. cops look at me in a weird manner too, also other drivers at traffic lights.. i don't know, perhaps i'm just being paranoid..
    Last edited by sonicdsl; 08-30-2014 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Do not evade censors to discuss illicit drugs
    Yohkos, VapieDan, jjordan and 2 others like this.
    Kamry X10 on a Kamry K100

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by glycerol View Post
    so, i'm vaping for like an year now, not a single stinky, but i'm still feeling uncomfortable to vape in front of other people (especially kids) since i imagine that in the eyes of others my pt2 looks like a {OTHER STUFF} or smthng similar. it was kinda easier with the egos since they were more discreet, but no one can take my 2.6ml bccs away from me - they're so handy. anyway, do you still feel ashamed of vaping in public? i ocassionally get some bad looks from elderly people and i don't like it, i also don't like seeing young people observing me with interest and i get the feeling i'm promoting an illegal activity or smthng.. cops look at me in a weird manner too, also other drivers at traffic lights.. i don't know, perhaps i'm just being paranoid..
    That's one good thing about having a pipe shaped 'epipe'.
    Last edited by sonicdsl; 08-30-2014 at 05:37 AM.
    glycerol likes this.

You only notice them if you look at them. I don't really like people so I don't really look at people. The only time I really notice them or get distracted by them is when I look around.

When it comes to vaping, I just own it like when I was smoking; while being all respectfully of course.
    Sent from Vape Heaven

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by glycerol View Post
    I kinda have a Fundamental Believe that if I feel Uncomfortable doing Something, and do Not Need to Do Something, then why Do It?

I don't like some of the Attention that Using a e-Cigarette in Public Brings me. So when I'm Out and About, I like to use a Smaller, more Discrete looking e-Cigarette. Verses a Large MOD with a Huge Tank on it.

Maybe using a Different e-Cigarette from the One you are Currently using would make you fell More Comfortable?
    Last edited by sonicdsl; 08-30-2014 at 05:37 AM.
    patkin, glycerol and danfinger like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran pufZeppelin's Avatar

know the feeling...

when it happens, you know one or maybe a few are looking,
    I don't address anyone directly, I just kinda bark out- "It's an ELECTRIC CIG"

most of the time once the "ice" is broken, people are all "Oh I've heard of bla.bla.bla "

some still wrinkle up nose and walk off...

hard to do it in a car though...

Ω ... you have to "Learn" how to Vape, it's not smoking...

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I feel the same way. I try not to vape in front of kids. And I live in a small town. I have seriously never seen another vaper! Not one time! I was just at a park when I really wanted to vape. I felt awkward, then I noticed a man with a cigar, I figured why not? So I do it, but to be honest, in a small town full of smokers, it can feel awkward.
    zoiDman and glycerol like this.

After vaping for over 3 years, I'm fighting those feelings, forcing myself to vape when driving in heavy traffic, parking lots, in public where smoking is permitted, etc. I still put my vape down when pulling up next to police, as I've found them to be very unpredictable in other situations. I have no problem vaping in front of children. I was sorta taken aback recently when I went into a head shop and realized the vaporizing devices they sell for other, hmm, smokable substances are VERY similar in appearance to the mods we use. Still, I think it is important to get out there and show others what vaping is all about.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Initially yes, but I got over it fast. People are entitled to their opinions and I'm entitled to not give a #%&#.

However, I never smoke in front of kids, or if I was smoking and some were passing by I did my best to hide it. So I've never vaped in front of them either. Most will probably think it looks "cool" and want to go look it up and get one for themselves.
    jpargana, zoiDman, Jman8 and 3 others like this.

Senior Member Verified Member

Been vaping for only a month and from day one I've never had a problem vaping in public.

If people wanna judge me or whatever...that's their problem.

I've never been one to go through life worrying about what people think about me

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

i dont feel bad about it at all, in fact sometimes i enjoy the attention because those who stare usually come to me and ask questions, and it gives me a chance to educate someone from the first hand perspective, not just what the news allows o filter out into the airwaves. and as for kids, i dont like thinking that them seeing me vaping is going to contribute to them picking up the habit, ut the reverse side of that, is how much exposure does smoking get? it is better for them to pick up vaping rather than make the mistake most of us made and pick up the analog in the first place.
    wv2win, RosaJ, Yohkos and 4 others like this.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast