Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: bumming smokes

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Cigarettes here in MA are over $10 a pack. You can sometimes find generics at $9.50.

I was on a business trip a couple years ago in a city that had seen some hard times. Everywhere I went, it was multiple "Hey, can I bum a smoke" followed by "Hey, you got any money?" (often in a less-friendly tone). I stopped smoking while outside and the problem went away.

Totally sucked, though. Non-smoking hotel, couldn't smoke at the customers' or in the rental car either.

Thank God for vaping!!!!!
    Last edited by twgbonehead; 02-09-2014 at 08:32 AM.
    DetraMental likes this.

I actually had my first experience with this the other day. Had a homeless guy come up and ask me for a smoke, I simply told him that I had recently quit. He looked confused at first until he saw the vape, then he just grinned and went "Good job, man. Wish I had one of those." and walked off. I was glad he wasn't angry about it.
    jpargana and Lorelei like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I vape on my eVic, no one could ever mistake it for a real cigarette.
    destinkarette and k0rtnei like this.
    US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
    http://www.casaa.org/Become_a_Member.html

Quote Originally Posted by Meltrex View Post
    hahaha.. I have people trying to bum smokes off of me all the time. I've just learned to say NO!!!! they do get pissed, even had a guy almost start a fist fight over it...lol I can barely afford to smoke myself anymore with the rise of gas prices along with the rising costs of cigarettes. Thinking of that, what is the cost for a pack of smokes where your from? I live in AZ its about $5.75 a pack here, most places offer a buy 2 for a discounted price and that comes up to about $9.87

5/22/08 Prics went up about 50cents, gotta love taxes
    Wow those are cheap! Smokes here in bc canada are 8 bucks each for cheap ones and like 80 for a carton lol

sent by my samsung galaxy by rainbow unicorns and fluffy bunnies

Ultra Member Verified Member Rancor0681's Avatar

It was frustrating enough for perfect strangers to walk up to me on break and plee for a smoke. Now I get perfect strangers asking to puff off my MVP 2 and wonder why I say no.
    Why do people think it's kosher to stick them mouth on my MVP it's gross
    X.250.MRS.B.X, k0rtnei and Bramble like this.

Ha... I was thinking about this recently too. I used to walk 2 blocks every morning from the train to my office, and in that space I would get asked no less than 4 or 5 times for a smoke.

But even worse are people in my social circles who are "social" smokers... and they knew I always had tobacco. It was hard for me to say no, so I generally shared and some people definitely took advantage of it.

I'm not petty or mean or selfish but the truth is if I gave away smokes to everyone who asked, my bank account would look like the national debt. What a relief that I won't be asked to furnish cigarettes for other people anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancor0681 View Post
    It was frustrating enough for perfect strangers to walk up to me on break and plee for a smoke. Now I get perfect strangers asking to puff off my MVP 2 and wonder why I say no.
    Why do people think it's kosher to stick them mouth on my MVP it's gross
    Just explain nicely that you really are not into licking strangers. Works for me,,,,

I was always happy to share, but I smoked cloves. 75 percent of the time, they didn't want one. The other 25 percent of the time, I met a stealth Goth or clove enthusiast. So that was okay.
    k0rtnei likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

"have you got a spare cigarette?" "only if i rob myself"

T

You are what you eat? I don't remember eating a sexy beast this morning!

I notice this thread has been resurrected. I wonder what the price of that same pack of cigs in AZ back in 2008 is now?
    Here in VA, in '08, I think they were $3.95, now they're $5.11 last time I checked, and that's from the cheapest place in town! Thank God for vaping!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234