bumming smokes - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: bumming smokes

Full Member Verified Member Ar10shooter's Avatar

Got an extra smoke? Well let me see.. I smoked 5....their were 20 in the pack.....their are 15 left....... Nope no extra ones. Bye.

Full Member Verified Member dapigg's Avatar

A guy at the local bar used to buy a smoke from me for a quarter... when I used to smoke. Maybe next time I go there I should take some of those rubber vape condoms and sell hits off my Provari? Just an idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikecurse View Post
    My dumb little experience but there's not enough posts on this forum, so...

I was waiting for my car to get fixed, sitting on a bench near a train station, smoking my njoy. This guy on the other side of the tracks goes "Hey bro! Can you spare a smoke?!" I say, "that's not a cigarette." And he walks away looking pissed. Can't blame him. I wouldn't believe me either. But hey it's true. I didn't even have to lie and tell him it was my last one, although I would have been glad to do so if I was smoking a real cig. I HATE when dudes come up and ask me for a cigarette. With my e-cig, I can blow them off AND still have a clean conscience. I love it.
    very interesting story, E-cig help us cut some social life cost indirectly. Say no to those unpopular dudes.
    actually, it does save more bucks for vapers.

Quote Originally Posted by dapigg View Post
    A guy at the local bar used to buy a smoke from me for a quarter... when I used to smoke. Maybe next time I go there I should take some of those rubber vape condoms and sell hits off my Provari? Just an idea!!

why not realize the idea? then you would be the biggest rubber vape condoms manufacturer or supplier. ......kidding can become a big fortune!

Full Member Verified Member MarkLH90's Avatar

I had this happen to me recently, sitting outside playing on my phone while the wife was getting her hair cut, dude walks up and asks for a smoke. I told him I don't smoke and he gave me an efu stare so I picked my Panzer up and blew a cloud in his face. Gotta love people, right?
    dapigg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancor0681 View Post
    It was frustrating enough for perfect strangers to walk up to me on break and plee for a smoke. Now I get perfect strangers asking to puff off my MVP 2 and wonder why I say no.
    Why do people think it's kosher to stick them mouth on my MVP it's gross
    SO true !
    Its totally UN-hygienic AND can help transmit diseases too (like Hepatitis for one, and probably tons of others too, down to the common cold or the Flu).

I simply cant imagine how ANYONE could feel justified to ask something like that of a passerby...even between "friends" it's probably best to avoid it ...it would have to be a really close friend for me to even consider it

However,like you, it HAS happened to me a couple of times, in the street, at the bus stop....( and almost always starts with a request for a cig ) and then people look at you like you're really weird when you refuse?????!!!!!!

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Makes me think of one time with my friend when I used to smoke. We are on a patio enjoying a beer, talking. When this bum comes up to us and asks us if we have a cigarette to spare. I say "no" but obviously my (too) nice friend gives him one, and it was disappointing that he didn't say "Thanks". What he did say though, is "do you also have spare change"...sadly for him we didn't, I mean honestly hehe. So he asked if he could take a gulp of our beer Hahaha

I kid you not, it's a true story. And I'd love to say that he said that as a joke, but he was dead serious!
    proxion likes this.

Full Member Verified Member proxion's Avatar

I had a guy in my apartment building who would snipe me for cigarettes. As soon as he would hear my foot steps, he would hurry up and come out before I finished my cigarette and go back in. Anyhow, this had been going on for a few months, and I was getting slightly annoyed. And, like all bums, he'd always ask if I had an "extra" cigarette. Actually, I didn't, there's no such thing as an "extra" cigarette, they are all too expensive and just because I have multiple on me does not mean I like to keep extras, I actually intend to smoke them. Needless to say, I started coming out with only 1 smoke, the one I intended to smoke for myself.

Then he came out, asked for an extra cig, and I said sorry, I don't have any, just this one. He then proceeded to ask me for a drag off of mine, to which I promptly said "no". We then had a falling out, with him calling me all kinds of names, then telling me "I can't figure you out, I can never know your attitude towards me, etc etc"... you know, the kind of stuff one would say to make you feel bad and manipulate you. For a frickin' cigarette!!!!. I was relieved when he finally moved out - he had actually been kicked out of his previous place and was freeloading on his daughter... and relying on the goodness of others for the furthering of his bad habits
    ~ In any electric circuit, appliances and wiring will burn out to protect fuses. - Byrne

(feel free to pm me should you want your own custom signature)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345