Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: Recipe for BWB malty toffee and malty

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Default Recipe for BWB malty toffee and malty

Anyone have a recipe for bwb malty toffee ? Every toffee i tried so far tastes nothing like it .Malty toffee tastes like your sucking on the toffee on the inside of a SKOR candy bar . Its so good .
    holly123 likes this.

DailyVapes
    1.DIY SDCookies2DIY Carapplecinna3DIY toffee4DIY GBCMods:1Provari2.VariMini3.BP4.Str8's modsPIF

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Lyndagayle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have created my own version of Malty which is pretty darn close. I mix ethyl maltol crystals with PG and use it for flavoring with the final mix being 70/30 VG/PG. I'm sure you could just use Cotton Candy if you don't have the crystals. The first time I opened my bottle of crystals, I recognized the smell as that of Malty because it was one of my favorite vapes. I haven't found the toffee flavor used in Don's brew but I'm quite sure the same mix of EM is used in combination with the toffee flavor.
    GwenB likes this.
    Life is like a grindstone. It can grind you down or polish you up, depending on what you're made of.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Sounds simple .Ill try it out . I have some em in pg already as well as like 5 different toffees . Loranns natural toffee is the closest .Maybe with the em it will work . WHat percent em do you use ?

DailyVapes
    1.DIY SDCookies2DIY Carapplecinna3DIY toffee4DIY GBCMods:1Provari2.VariMini3.BP4.Str8's modsPIF

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Ya know ,i dont know why i didnt put it together that em smells like mt . I just smelled the em and it smells exactly like it . I tried mixing some up 6% em 8% toffee and 2% malt milk and it doesnt hve much flavor . Im gonna let it sit though as it looks like the crystal are seperating from the em . Didnt have much time today to play with it .

DailyVapes

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Lyndagayle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I mixed mine at 10% and seems pretty close. It's such a mild flavor that I'm sure you could go higher but one of the tricks is to mix it at 70% VG, which produces the massive plumes that mt is known for. Yeah, once you've ever experienced malty, there's no denying that the flavor is derived from EM. I love it and it's a perfect palate cleanser when your buds are screaming for mercy from taste testing for hours on end.
    debb and pinellaspete like this.
    Life is like a grindstone. It can grind you down or polish you up, depending on what you're made of.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Wow!

That's some great advice Linda!
    I will be trying that as a palate cleanser for sure!

Thanks,

Pete
    Lyndagayle and Blackie70 like this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Thanks Lynda ! I tried the EM at 10% with 1% TPA caramel candy and omg its just like malty .Same exact taste .It may be just a hair less flavor than malty but its too close to complain .It may get spot on when it steeps . Its so close though that i wont need to buy it anymore . My malty toffee is not the same as BWB's though . That still needs work .If i go down to like 2% on the toffee it should be great .
    Last edited by Str8V8ping; 12-20-2011 at 08:36 AM.
    Lyndagayle and Esoterica3 like this.

DailyVapes

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thanks for posting this! I've been DIYing for 6 months but havent used EM yet. When you say 10% EM .. are you guys using EM that has already been dissolved in PG, at a ratio of 1/4 tsp EM crystals in 10ml of PG and then you're mixing 10% EM into your base?

1 Reo Grand + 3 Reo mini's + RM2 Reomizers wicked with RAYON rocks my world!

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I got my em already diluted in 10% pg from tpa in a 4ml bottle . I used the already diluted em at 10% in my juice so yes .

DailyVapes

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Great .. thanks!! Ordered the EM, already have the caramel candy .. cant's wait to make the Malty. Before I started DIY the Malty and the Malty Toffee were 2 of my favorites. Hopefully you or someone can figure out the Malty Toffee next.

1 Reo Grand + 3 Reo mini's + RM2 Reomizers wicked with RAYON rocks my world!

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast