• 1 Post By Coelli

Thread: Five Pawns Mixology Review: Castle Long, Lucena, Sixty-Four

PV Master Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default Five Pawns Mixology Review: Castle Long, Lucena, Sixty-Four

Here's a review of three juices from Five Pawns' Mixology Edition. Castle Long is Castle Long Reserve's little brother -- brighter and sharper (and $10 cheaper!), but not quite as tasty. Lucena has a lovely peach flavor, accompanied by spiced rum. Sixty-Four is one of the most unique juices I've every tried, but very much a love/hate thing. I really enjoyed the flavors from the cucumber and dill, but some of my friends hated those tones.

Full review here.

Ultra Member Verified Member KurrptSenate's Avatar

Lucena is a chess term

The Lucena position (pronounced: [luˈθena]) is one of the most famous and important positions in chess endgame theory, where one side has a rook and a pawn and the defender has a rook. It is fundamental in the rook and pawn versus rook endgame. If the side with the pawn can reach this type of position, he can forcibly win the game. Most rook and pawn versus rook endgames reach either the Lucena position or the Philidor position if played accurately (de la Villa 2008:125). The side with the pawn will try to reach the Lucena position to win; the other side will try to reach the Philidor position to draw.
    RPadTV likes this.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I bought Lucena and Fifth Rank last night after trying them at my local B&M.

Unfortunately Lucena is giving me a horrible aftertaste that I didn't get at the store; the inhale is great, the exhale is fine, but then there's this cloying, nasty aftertaste that doesn't go away and permeates my mouth. I'm not sure if it's the hazelnut or what, but it's pretty bad. I'll let it sit for a while and see what happens and if it doesn't change, it's getting sold or traded.
    RPadTV likes this.
    This is my Provari. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Analog-free since April 10, 2000. Best decision ever.
    Save a Dog's Life - Leave No Paws Behind

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just purchased a bottle of Castle Long mixology edition after a couple puffs from an inadequate tester, so I pretty much bought it based on reputation alone...terrible mistake, extremely harsh vape and pretty much unusable IMO, just not seeing what all the hype is about, and clearly overpriced compared to virtually every other brand available today.

Back to the drawing board on this one FP...
    GP PAPS V3 LUX * MCR 101 * NEMESIS MATTE * RITUAL MACHINE ZOMBIE * VAPOR FLASK * KAYFUN LITE + x4