Pipe Talk - all makes, models, and designs - Page 3
Page 3 of 136 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree1853Likes

Thread: Pipe Talk - all makes, models, and designs

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Steampunk Pipe Connoiseur Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Blog Entries

There's a US maker called corncobpipes on eBay, and the stems are very reasonably priced. As far as other pipe modders I came across a Mjolinir made by Stiff on the classies.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Stiff also has a website...I really want one of his Groove pipes when they become available...

Vape-Mods - Groove Pipes
    Ken_A likes this.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I really like all the pipe talk. I figured I'd throw one in. Kinda simple.

Birds Eye maple E Pipe Mod w/ a Bulli Smoker A2 and a Captivape tip.
    Pipe Talk - all makes, models, and designs-img-20130322-00022.jpg
    Jerms and p-doze like this.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

I'm interested in converting pipes. As you've pointed out, there are some amazing pipes out there that aren't that expensive. I bought an EPipeMods pipe, and while I love it, $125 was a bit steep for me. It would be fun to make one. What all is in there? A button, a magnet, a keyring, a modified 510 connector and a Vapesafe2?

Someone who's a bit more handy aught to put up a DIY step by step. The Vapesafe2 and the button set you back $35.00, everything else is so cheap it hardly matters. Man... I want to covert this one:

$18 bucks, not bad at all.
    l_strider_l likes this.

Steampunk Pipe Connoiseur Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Blog Entries

Well the bowl has to be big enough to the battery, Vapesafe, electronics posts, etc. And the shank has to be big enough to support a 510 connector. It's not impossible to DIY one, but it is rather involved and requires quite a bit of skill. All in all I'd say Matt's prices are bad at all. It's just been awhile since he's put up a batch of freehands. For those that don't know, his freehands are the ones with shanks and more closely resemble a traditional pipe.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

But also remember his freehand pipes are seldom under $300 and often much more. The simple addition of a shank should not increase prices that much. Some of the more exotic materials do help justify the pricing but when I see Mystical Fabrications turning out Mokume and Damascus pipes for under $200 I see there is a ton of room for growth in this industry in smaller shops.

Currently one of the biggest bottle necks is the availability of stems. I will be trying some pyrex tube stems when the hand is feeling better.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

moJoe...

Hve you considered a eGo connector and switch. I got some from Liberty flights but the are out. Given the price of an Ego today tho U have already torn one down for the wired switch. This video is a good tutorial...

odysseysteve likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheur View Post
    I am hoping some of the US modders will start looking at the pipes with an eye on converting them. There are tons of pipes out there made of wood other than briar that I am not sure I would have enjoyed as a tobacco pipe (pear wood?) but they are beautifully carved and would be awesome as e-pipes and the base price on them is very reasonable. Example... Turkish Hand Carved New Block MEERSCHAUM Pipe by OttomanArtShop
    I would love to see a VV or VW chip added to a pipe as well. I know I will be pushing hard at Vape Bash to get modders thinking pipes.
    would be awesome if someone was able to blow a glass pipe with metal fittings. i know nothing about glass blowing, but hope it could be accomplished with o-rings

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I am sure it could be done...you just need to find a glass blower willing to try it.