Mythical Fabrications...anyone? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Mythical Fabrications...anyone?

I watched that grimmgreen review as well, which actually is what initiated my interest in Mythical Fabrications. I'm not going to lie, I am a little put off by the button issues he was having, as well as the wobbly stem, but I'm really hoping it was either a user error or perhaps it was an isolated defect in the pipe itself which doesn't reflect everything the company makes. If you watch the owners video response to the grimmgreen video, he states that grimm was using the wrong battery, which may account for the issues.

Either way, I find myself very interested in the wood pipes and body styles that this guy offers and I have a feeling i'm going to be buying up a wood/black walnut/hobbit/tan sinew/18350 version. If it's no good I will update you all, but I like these enough that I'm willing to give it a shot. One so-so review doesn't necessarily nix the whole thing. Let's just hope the churchwarden stem fits correctly, and the button fires reliably.

Ursus Praedonum Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The battery Grimm was using is a Panasonic CGR18650CH, which should work every bit as well as an AW, it's one of the better batteries out there. I really dig the looks on them, please let me know how it works out for you, if you end up getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJack View Post
    The battery Grimm was using is a Panasonic CGR18650CH, which should work every bit as well as an AW, it's one of the better batteries out there. I really dig the looks on them, please let me know how it works out for you, if you end up getting one.
    Yea I hear you on that, I think it may be because it was flat top rather than button top, not a quality issue but a configuration issue. Either way, I will have it (WILL, haha) within the next 2 months and I'll definitely let you know. I'll be posting pictures and may even do a video review, since I've noticed a distinct lack of user video/written reviews on these things (which is excusable, it is a small company afterall).
    CrimsonJack likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've got one on the way. They are having issues with filling orders right now because of the holiday spike in orders, machine issues, and parts on order but I think they are about up and running. I haven't been waiting long and I'm patient for it even though I'm extremely excited for it to get here. I have high hopes for it. I love giving business to the smaller guys as well. I think this is a four man operation, my kind of business right there. I'm sure I'll pop in here and show it off once it gets here. It's exactly what I was looking for in a pipe. All the other pipes out there look semi-rediculous for my tastes. I'm all about the handmade wood and so glad I found Mythical Fabrications. I saw the Grimm Green video too, that's actually how I stumbled onto these guys. If I have issues, I'll just contact them and look for answers but it's such a simple device there really shouldn't be any that at least don't have an easy fix.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." Orwell

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

For anyone having issues with the (old) switch not working or firing part time, I found that at the underside of metal cap they scraped off the coating at the battery but not at the ring contact. All I did was sand down the bottom edge so it's smooth which made a better contact with the ring - fires every time now. This will create a sharp edge so don't forget to sand down the outside edge as well.

I started trying to order from MF in January but they were having website problems. I finally emailed an order in, after four weeks with no word, I emailed to inquire about my order only to find out that my order never got processed (even tho I emailed with a live person and gave them my order in great detail) . I emailed another order and paid for it with paypal. Now, Mythical Fabrications has had my payment for almost 3 months. They keep posting on Facebook about one issue after another after another. They also posted that they aren't answering emails because they are behind and are trying to limit distractions. So... they won't answer a simple email from a customer that has had NO word from them for almost three months but they somehow keep finding time to post on Facebook.
    All I can say is "this is the worst experience I have ever had with a customer oriented company."
    What a shame though, their epipes look very cool. I hope I get mine one day.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Some other customer experiences posted over on this forum;
    Mythical Fabrications | The ePipe Forum - The Home of the ePipe Community

Same problems with long waits and emails, but eventually MF came through with some nice pipes.

I know there are some issues that MF is going through.
    Equipment failure and the likes, but it's a handmade pipe vs a CNC production pipe (or metal).

I'm still awaiting mine, been a few months..
    Yet, a handmade pipe, wooden and fit's the design I'm after...
    I'll wait!
    I'm going to enjoy this for years, so a couple more weeks.. No problem.

Just MHO..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12