Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Mythical Fabrications...anyone?

Ursus Praedonum Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Default Mythical Fabrications...anyone?

I've been eyeing the Mythical Fabrications site since another member shot me a link after reading one of my posts on another thread (good lookin' out danca ). Price is pretty reasonable for the wood mods, and I LOVE the looks, but Grimm Green had a kind of iffy review post that kind of makes me hesitate. I want the looks, but if I lay out the money I need function as well as form. Anyone have one of these? How's it work for ya? Doesn't seem to be much about 'em here, but I'm sure some of our ECF pipe enthusiasts must have some feedback.

2. Advertisement
    Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Button design seems kinda... half-arsed. I'm sticking with ePipeMods.

Supporting Member

Yeah, I know, that's whats making me hesitate, but E-pipe Mods are a bit outta my price range at the moment. I know there are things like the King or the Smok epipe out there that are more in my league, price-wise, but I really want something with that LotR, ren fair kind of look. I've thought about maybe doing a wood texture J-wrap for the Smok, but....I dunno.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJack View Post
    Yeah, I know, that's whats making me hesitate, but E-pipe Mods are a bit outta my price range at the moment. I know there are things like the King or the Smok epipe out there that are more in my league, price-wise, but I really want something with that LotR, ren fair kind of look. I've thought about maybe doing a wood texture J-wrap for the Smok, but....I dunno.
    From what I saw the low end of the Mythical Fabrications pipes was $125, unless I missed something. ePipeMods has a bunch up for $125.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Oops. Just looked closer and saw that MF has pipes in the $80's... Still... Meh.

Have you tried an ePipe before? Maybe you should start with one of the Smok ones to see if you even like it before saving up for a good wooden one.

Supporting Member

Not e-pipes, but traditional pipes. Loved the feel in the hand. And you are probably right about trying something inexpensive before investing in a nice one. Honestly, I want one primarily for use at things like medieval fairs, the occasional D&D nights, etc. Dorky, I know, but what can I say, I want the nerd cred.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJack View Post
    Not e-pipes, but traditional pipes. Loved the feel in the hand. And you are probably right about trying something inexpensive before investing in a nice one. Honestly, I want one primarily for use at things like medieval fairs, the occasional D&D nights, etc. Dorky, I know, but what can I say, I want the nerd cred.
    I've had a few. First was a Sunpipe from Italy. It was nicely made but kinda big, and it didn't hit that awesome. Second was a Chinese pipe. Once again, looked nice but the button was terrible. I just got this pipe from ePipeMods yesterday:
    e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachment.php?s=8609296f4e3c86e8845a009f12bd44b8&attachmentid=266750&d=1382938223" id="attachment266750" rel="Lightbox_11112372" >Mythical Fabrications...anyone?-img_20131026_220434.jpg
    Tiny, light, and hit like a BEAST. Well worth the extra money IMHO.
    CrimsonJack, Bigfoot1974 and a_e_u like this.

Check out the hammer clone. I've got one on order. can't wait.

Hammer Clone
    CrimsonJack likes this.

Supporting Member

Ooo I'll check that out!

I wonder when they'll ship. Any week now.. Heh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast