Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By FnMag
  • 1 Post By DelboyinDorset

Thread: SteamPunk Styled Pipe

Super Member Verified Member FnMag's Avatar

Default SteamPunk Styled Pipe

I been collecting bits and pieces for a few days now.. Going over and over how I was going to build this late into the night instead of sleeping and generally driving my Wife nuts.

Anyway, I shopped the plumbing department and pieced this all together in store the other day while it was slow at work..

It's a combination of a 1" no stop coupling, 1" to 3/4" bushings, 3/4" plugs, 1/2 coupling, 1/2" plug, delta faucet spring, brass finishing washers and a brass screw.

It's big, takes an 18500 and heavy. But I like it.
    Last edited by FnMag; 10-28-2013 at 05:39 PM.
    Kent C, duckie_44 and HawaiiVPR like this.
    ​Squonked for the first time on 8.2.13 @ 6:42pm

How did you remove the chrome from the SMOK? both look great!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Nice work!
    Did you round out the end of the stem fitting, or is that soldered on with brute force? While making a 3/4" stick style mod, I used a drill press, a vise, and a 3/4" sanding drum to remove the end of a 3/8" copper coupling, and had a pretty good fit, but still managed to get solder everywhere
    What did you use for the stem fitting?

some scrubby brush spongy looking dremel attachment thing got it off without leaving tons of scratches. Think I'm going to polish up the copper pipe mod too.. Need more dremel stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavediver View Post
    Nice work!
    Did you round out the end of the stem fitting, or is that soldered on with brute force? While making a 3/4" stick style mod, I used a drill press, a vise, and a 3/4" sanding drum to remove the end of a 3/8" copper coupling, and had a pretty good fit, but still managed to get solder everywhere
    What did you use for the stem fitting?
    1/2" copper coupling. sanded to fit then soldered

Super Member Verified Member DelboyinDorset's Avatar

Is that what a Smok looks like under all that chroming? I abs love copper coloured items and just bought a copper paint kit from the US that turns normal chrome into mirror finish copper for my Vespa wheels and what was left over was going to attack some of the blando chrome stuff with it lol

Super Member Verified Member HawaiiVPR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FnMag View Post
    I been collecting bits and pieces for a few days now.. Going over and over how I was going to build this late into the night instead of sleeping and generally driving my Wife nuts.
    LOL, I'm not building a steampunk mod, but now that I'm getting into the rebuildables, find myself staying up pretty late and getting my better half really ticked off about my vaping obsession

Super Member Verified Member DelboyinDorset's Avatar

I think its (not being sexist laydees) a case of boys and their toys (and he is flamed and burns) how many of us started on them disposables or that pathetic little ego with the insta-burn tasting clearo on it and look at what we got now ^^ Keeps us off the streets and who says we got to look complete wallies whilst imbibing on our super flavours looking down at the poor so last century fools burning their nicotine...

Peppie likes this.