Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Peppie's Black Bowl

Thanks for the links duckie, I will read up on them.

I am not new to the failed attempts thing. I have been working wood for years and have a fire pit just outside the door of the shop that gets used quite a bit.

They say success is nothing but a string of failures.

As for your current project. IMO it does look a bit out of proportion. Are you able (on the next build) fit the kick into the circumference of the bowl?? As for the sheath fitting over the protank.....??????? Maybe use the mini version????

Thanks again.

Dave

2. Advertisement
    Senior Member ECF Veteran duckie_44's Avatar

Ha!...."it does look a bit out of proportion"...You are too kind Dave..( It looks like crap).....

"fit the kick into the circumference of the bowel"; "mini version" done that Pipe Talk - all makes, models, and designs

I was trying to see if I could fit a bigger tank in a shaft, and make it look half way good, no luck this time.....

Failures in woodworking, warms the soul, through winters cold hard nights.....I just made that nonsense up

Best of luck on your pipe......

duckie.........

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Its looking really good!

this is Mexican pesos not dollars! | last cigarette february 28 2013

Quote Originally Posted by duckie_44 View Post
    Ha!...."it does look a bit out of proportion"...You are too kind Dave..( It looks like crap).....

"fit the kick into the circumference of the bowel"; "mini version" done that Pipe Talk - all makes, models, and designs

I was trying to see if I could fit a bigger tank in a shaft, and make it look half way good, no luck this time.....

Failures in woodworking, warms the soul, through winters cold hard nights.....I just made that nonsense up

Best of luck on your pipe......

duckie.........
    LOL,
    You are much better at working wood than you are writing poetry.

After reading an watching some of the links you provided. It seams my tinning and cleaning were non- existent. I think I will give it another practice round tomorrow before the troops arrive.
    duckie_44 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vapero View Post
    Its looking really good!
    Thanks vapero,

The best is yet to come. If I can get the mechanical assembly together ,and fire an atty. Then I can make this bowl one of a kind!

Well I didnt get out to the shop on Turkey day. To much going on.

But I did make it out there to day after I watched the Dawg's beat up on the Coug's

My fuses were in the mail today, so I was able to fine tune the height of the battery chamber. I am so glad I left myself with plenty of wiggle room.

I spent a hour practicing my soldering. I figured out I needed to tin the parts prior to soldering the two together. Also the parts need to be stability held in place so I could work the gun a solder.
    These may sound like no brainers to some... but to a newbie..........

A shot of the ring soldered to the lead wire.

Sometimes my camera doesnt post the pics I take to my photobucket (pisses me off)
    Any way here is a shot of the fuse soldered and epoxied in place, along with the switch ring in place

I took a shot of the pipe firing a dripping atty, but it didnt transfer to photobucket.
    So I know all is clear to put some detail work into the bowl.

I started by forming the top to the button switch

Next I will take time to make a jig to hold the bowl, so I can cut out the waste for the inlay.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Looking good!
    A comment on the wire: I had to fold / tuck in a little wire when I epoxied my eGo connector in place, and needed the flexibility provided by stranded wire. Are you going to be able to do that with the solid copper wire you've used?

Thanks Cave,
    Yea, I left plenty of room to coil up the solid wire that will tuck into the small neck.

The wire I have left on there at this time (I will cut it shorter) is about 4'' long on each lead. It all coiled up into the neck.

I think I will work on that connection to day, before the rest of the woodwork begins.

I started by shortening the 510 connector

I also sanded down the the nubs on the working end until it was flush, then I cut new slots

I pushed out the center pin so I could install a new modified brass pin

I peened the top over to get the musheroom

Here is the peened effect

I also cut a slot in the post to aid in the soldering of the lead wire

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast