So the idea here is to use this cap from a Segeli 8w to cover the 510 connector. I dont mind the 22mm diam of the cap cause I plan to use either a 19mm carto IBT or my Fogger, maybe typical dripper.
I cut a shallow dado around the neck so I could thread the cap on
And here it is screwed down tight
After I got the cap screwed down I was ready for a test vape. Well it vaped like it was intended to, BUT.......
The cap is not in the same plane as the 510 connector, so the atty does NOT sit flush with the cap when screwed down tight. DAMN!!
So I will revert to plan C-2.
I will have to fiddle with the neck, possibly dado out a larger groove so I can get the cap to sit properly.
I will have to sleep on this solution. I really want to fix this cause I have a $14 fuse epoxied to the bottom of the bowl. Not to mention the 12+ hours invested so far.
Well I am sorry to say that photobucket has bit me in the A%$ (again)
I took some shots of the neck modding I had to do to get everything lined up and flush. As you guessed the pics are lost somewhere in cyberspace.
I must say that the neck coming off the bowl has caused me a huge amount of frustration.
You can bet your next paycheck that the next one will not be approached as this one was.
I am disappointed on how this pipe body turned out. The neck just dont flow into the bowl as I had envisioned. I can bring myself to throw it into the burn pile. It is still a useable mod that cost me some time, a fuse, a little wire, some brass rod, a switch, and a 510 connector.
So needless to say that I will not be doing any inlay work on this pipe. That will be on the menu for the next one.
Trying to get some new pics up for ya all.
OK I got some pics to transfer
This is a shot of what I came up with to try to fix my poor execution of a smooth transition from the bowl to the neck to the cap.
I made an ebony washer and glued it to the necl
I modded an ego adapter cone and glued it to the inside of the brass cap. This was done to keep the cap in line with the 510 connector.
But as you can see the cap is a bit short. This came about because the washer was not consistent in thickness, and the shoulder that the washer was glued to was not in the same plane as the cap. So the bottom of the cap had to be sanded to create an equal gap all the way around the neck and cap
That is were the brass ring comes into play
Love that wood!