• 2 Post By Nofretz
  • 1 Post By Tempesta
  • 3 Post By gwbruce

Thread: E-pipe mods vs. Limelight Mechanics

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default E-pipe mods vs. Limelight Mechanics

Thinking about acquiring a pipe mod. I know that Epipemods has been around for quite a while and seems to be very well respected by those who have their pipes. I have been looking at the Gandalf.

On the other hand, the Purple Orchid by limelightmechanics is stunning, and I quite like the adjustable 510 connector. Does anyone have any experience with Limelight?

Thanks...

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Haven't tried out a limelight, but I know my EPM's haven't given me any problems. Personally I think the quality is top notch and if any do give me problems I would rather send them within the states rather than across the pond. I have one pipe that travels with me and shows no sign of wear (other than needing a good polish) and it's been through a lot.
    Big Juicy and Butch like this.

Very, very beautiful pipes

Probably will be on the short list for me, except that they use top switches. So far the Kir Fanis (expensive and not available) and the C-Tratech are the only two with side switches that I have found.

Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I don't know about limelight, but I've been really impressed with epipe mods. Beautiful pipes, well-made, and great customer service. My top switch button conked out. I sent an e-mail to tell them what happened, and they immediately sent a replacement button, which came to me in 2 days.
    Nofretz likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran gwbruce's Avatar

If you like side switches check with a guy goes by the name of Pipesmith. He has a website PipeSmith - Woodsman E-Pipes, BIY E-Pipe Kits, Pipe Butter. Makes really great pipes with the switch on the side. He is a really nice guy.