If you could make your dream e-pipe???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: If you could make your dream e-pipe???

Full Member ECF Veteran Phantom309's Avatar

Default If you could make your dream e-pipe???

Hey everyone, I don't post here very often but I check in a few times a week here at the e-pipe thread. I have a question to field to the other e-pipe smokers.

A brief run down about me, I run a site about e-pipes, and I'm currently talking to a fella who is a pretty big name in the pipe world. His interest has gotten peeked by e-pipes. He ordered three e-pipes and found that all three of were "lacking" not sure how yet as he hasn't responded to my e-mail asking the question.

His end goal is to find a success story with an e-pipe and write an article for a tobacco pipe magazine. He want's me to build him an e-pipe so he can play around with it.

I so want this guy to find his success story, it would be awesome if it were on my e-pipe, but the bigger picture is that his words could lighten the hate and discontent the traditional pipe smokers have for e-pipes.

My question is what do you feel would be the ideal set up in terms of the guts of the pipe to give this gentleman a good e-pipe experience? as close to the real thing as possible?

Thank you in advance I can't wait to here from you.
    cadcoke5 likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My dream pipe will be a vv/vw pipe that has a hidden protank. Right now I'm using an EPM, but would like vv/vw akin to my provari and will likely be tackling such as soon as I schedule some spare time. I have seen freight train mods, but they are both steep in price and they do not have a selection, but are instead made to order, both of which I'd rather just avoid. Maybe I could learn how to solder and buy a dna 12 or something.
    Grimmda likes this.

Thanks for the response milo. That's kind of what I was thinking maybe adding a vv/vw to it. I really want to give this gentleman the best vaping experience so that he can spread the word of e-pipes to the analog pipe community, and he has the clout to do it. I'm so new to making an e-pipe that adding a dna 12 would be a monumental task for me.

Instead I think I might focus on picking a good NET juice and pick a good clearo that has an easy draw on it, because on of the things that he complained about was the draw was to tight.

ECF Veteran

Instead of using a DNA chip, you could instead opt for using "the Crown" or "the Kick". Slight modification to the design (taller bowl and metal lining on the inside) and an extra user replaceable part. Another possibility is looking into getting either the nhaler silencer or ego booster to make it variable voltage.

I right now am using an EMP mod with a protank mini. It has a decent medium draw. Eventually, I want a Freight train mod myself, but again, the price tag is quite steep.

Milo you rock! I'm making his pipe today will post pictures later this afternoon.

Super Member* Verified Member Jenn Perry's Avatar

I can't wait to see it. I would love all the options mentioned and also extended neck mouth pieces as well

Thank you Jenn. I was going to make the e-pipe this past Saturday, but I decided against it. I think I'm going to order the guts of the pipe first...then make the pipe. I will post pictures though throughout the process though.

ECF Veteran

Please do! I would love to be able to watch the process.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have to say that of all my pipes I most enjoy the EPM setup. I currently have 13 e-pipes, 6 EPMs, 2 Diablos, 1 Freight Train, 1 LoTechMod, 1 Kato Hammer, 1 Jazz and a Calabash made my Nick Fantastic here on the Forum which is made like an EPM. I'm not much in the VV/VW thing so having just a 3.7v with about a 1.6Ohm atty is my sweet spot and the EPM fits that perfectly. The choice of buttons and batteries make it fun to take out different pipes to fit the mood I'm in. Lately I am really only interested in freehands and love them all. I believe the shape of the pipe does more to determine the experience than whats inside of it. It seems that more often than not I grab the Calabash because its just such a classy style and fits the hand so naturally. Also the freehands which to me include the Calabash all have shanks which creates such a more natural pipe experience. I hope this helps your project.
    “Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
    1844, Doctor Barnstein

Thank so much for your input bigfoot. I've read a lot of your posts on pipe and you input is certainly appreciated. I definitely want to make as close to "traditional" experience as possible for him. I'm definitely going to turn a pipe with a shank and probably just use an 18350, just not sure want tank I want to set him up with.

One of his complaints was tight draw on one of the e-pipes that he used, so I want something that will have an nice smooth draw. On the European I asked about they suggested setting him up with a good NET to enhance his experience.
    Bigfoot1974 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast