CAUTION Regarding Latest LR510/510 Atomizers and Bottom Fed Devices
The following relates to an order received at the end of September.
First the Good:
- Cost (even though sometimes you get what you pay for)
- Shipments were received within 1-week
- CS email responses from Selina were prompt
- I’m not much of a 306 fan but found the EM LR306’s just as good as those other "highly" touted model. Still using the original one within my rotation of atty’s.
- 90% of the attys were within the ohm tolerance
Now the Bad:
- I use a bottom fed device consisting of a needle that needs to protrude into the atty. The latest LR510s had a very, very tiny pin sized hole on the battery end that would not accommodate the needle. The latest regular 510s also contained a hole smaller than every other brand on the market. This issue wasn’t just isolated to my order; other vendors who took delivery during the same time period reported the same results.
- CS, along with their forum representative, acknowledged the problem and assured me/others they’ve resolved the issue. Therefore, I worked through CS to ship these attys back to their US point-of-contact.
- Took delivery of the replacements 3-days ago (October 20) with the following results:
- The holes on the LR510 are indeed larger BUT the holes are not completely "bored" out resulting in the atomizers not being able to screw on. This occurred on more than 50% of the attys.
- The holes on the regular 510 attys are the same size as the originals and still DON’T fit my bottom fed device.
- The primer is the ABSOLUTE worst I've ever experienced!!! Even after a full day of vaping, remnants of the primer is still present. This is even after rinsing and dry burning a couple of times!!!
- An LR510 atty came apart while unscrewing the atty leaving the center post attached to my feeding system
- An LR510 burned out within 2-days even though it was continuously kept wet.
I’m sure the above issues are anomalies and they’ll eventually get their quality control issues sorted out. I’ll even give a vendor a “do-over” at making good especially when they’ve indicated they’ve corrected the issues. However after that, I’ll take my business elsewhere.
I plan to chalk this us as experience and "eat" these rather than dealing with CS yet again. However, I just thought others may find these results of some value; especially you bottom-feeders...
I've had these LR atties with resistance running all over the place, and now this tiny hole thing... Oh crap.
I've been vaping for nigh onto 2 years now and have "evolved" to bottom fed juicers - only. This does not bode well for me or Eastmall for that matter unless they return to those "thrilling days of yesteryear".
Di what happened to the atties Eastmall was selling a couple months ago? They were work horses and had no issues with bottom feeding devices. Why the change?
I have no idea,
I asked David,
I will ask again ------