Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: EM RiVa Now Available in Shop- $60.00

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    good on ya bart,

so do we, and there is no problem

I am assured that this is just scare tactics.
    Di, you cannot be that naive, surely - the RiVa is an obvious copy of the Janty Ego/Joye Tornado, improvements or none - its design is near identical, and you, yourselves, have said that all parts are interchangeable.

Should either of the companies originally involved in the manufacture and sale of the "original" unit decide to get legal, they will have very firm ground upon which to stand.

Had you licensed the RiVa from Joye, that would have been a very different matter - but this RiVa is not a licensed product, insofar as EM has told us - that is, it is not made by Joye...

Super Member ECF Veteran

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hifistud View Post
    Di, you cannot be that naive, surely - the RiVa is an obvious copy of the Janty Ego/Joye Tornado, improvements or none - its design is near identical, and you, yourselves, have said that all parts are interchangeable.

Should either of the companies originally involved in the manufacture and sale of the "original" unit decide to get legal, they will have very firm ground upon which to stand.

Had you licensed the RiVa from Joye, that would have been a very different matter - but this RiVa is not a licensed product, insofar as EM has told us - that is, it is not made by Joye...
    How does the legality around copyright work in China? We have Chinese made cars here in SA that looks exactly like the Japanese made ones.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

You should really educate yourself before making such statements of legalities.

This forum will hear no more of this type of slander and spam.

Please cease flaming the forum hostess.

I hope I am not to harsh on you when I ask that you please understand my seriousness.

thank you, rick

PV Master ECF Veteran

Di, you cannot be that naive,

I think it is pretty obvious who the "naive" one is. There is absolutely no "legal firm ground" for them to stand upon. Not even a floating patch of ice.

Moved On

while it's more than obvious that the riva is a copy, i think it's not for us to debate. janty has publicly stated that what EM have done is clearly illegal and they are taking legal action.
    the obvious response to that would be denial. i do, however know of a popular european supplier who declined an offer from Em to sell the riva. the supplier declined due to the legal issues. so, they must in fact be very real.

i wholeheartedly agree with hifistud, but.... we are as yet still uneducated on the entire issue.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Let me put this as clearly and succinctly as I possibly can. The other manufacturer has no embodiment patent on the eGo.... nor do they have a patent on any of the design features of the unit (since the design of the eGo is a COPY of the design elements of previous PV's.... with only a change of size and envelope).

"Licensing" of the design is not required by law. Period.

I am truly saddened by the antics, whining, and shenanigans that are being demonstrated by the "other manufacturer". It shows a clear lack of business maturity, and a failure to compete effectively in a free enterprise market.

Plain and simple.... it is pathetic.

Moved On

you are certainly entitled to your opinion scottbee, and i respect what you are saying.
    but as i stated, none of us are truly 100% aware of the situation. there are always two sides to every story.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Scottbee View Post
    I am truly saddened by the antics, whining, and shenanigans that are being demonstrated by the "other manufacturer". It shows a clear lack of business maturity, and a failure to compete effectively in a free enterprise market.

Plain and simple.... it is pathetic.
    I totally agree with you on this.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Thank you all for the debate and different ideas, I respect you all. Thank you again .

To me , Honestly speaking , We eastmall just want to do business, and make friends with you all. We are all mature people, I myself know what should do and what should not to be done.I say this , because I do not want ecigs business has more politics, more than one year ago, when I first sell the manual 801, we got politics from some one, they warned my resellers with their so called legal patent or whatever. And their succeeded, as people were mislead by the so called "legal" .But From the day I received the warning more than one year ago till now, I haven't got any lawyers' phonecall, or letter . Now more than one year later, this so called legal thing happens again, I hate this politics, and Eastmall will just do business, if there is any legal problem , I will face it, as I was threatened more than one year ago. If threaten could make my business down, I think this is too childish idea. People here are clever and wise, they will not be mislead a second time, also I think it is unfair to mislead them, so if some one need to take the legal issue, just do it , do not always make all these rumors to mislead others. at least. we think they all should be respected , not to be fooled.

I never think a good comapany could make good products just with its name, I only agree that only the good engineers could make the good products.

Once again, I do thank you all for posting for these about this , but please do not be mislead by others.If I got any legal issue about this , for sure I will make notice here. From now on I will not speak any more about this, just make product, sell product, if products quality is not good, feel free to let us know , we are more than happy to help you , reship , refund, as long as it is reasonable and you are happy .

All the people who come to visit Eastmall , or knows eastmall are our friends, at least I respect you all. if this debate continues, it will hurts, which is just the purpose of the Rumor. so please forget this, lets read and watch people review about the quality of the product. I think it will come out soon . things will turn out to be clear itself. Thank you all again

Kind regards
    David Yang

Last edited by Davidyang; 04-29-2010 at 05:23 PM.

Super Member ECF Veteran

David - Thank you.

From a loyal customer.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast