EastMall Website Not Safe?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EastMall Website Not Safe?

Super Member ECF Veteran PaulCincy's Avatar

Cool EastMall Website Not Safe?

Hello Everyone,
    Just went to the Eastmall site to order some more "Stuff" and my Norton Protection program, came up indicating that the site is "Not Safe" with 27 threats found...This is something new....About 3 weeks ago, ordered from them and no problem...Does anyone know what this is about?
    Don't want to order from a place that my computer said is Unsafe....
    Later, and Enjoy the Adventure...

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

There was a thread about this over on the Eastmall forum. I think it depends on what security you are using. The other thread said they were using Norton.

I have top notch security and no threats pop up when I go to their site.
    User Friendly, Vaping Dope Star Obscene!

Assclown Exterminator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I am moving this to the EM forum

Super Member ECF Veteran PaulCincy's Avatar

Yes I understand it matters what protection one has, but my Norton didn't trigger any warnings a few weeks ago concerning this site, know it does...so for me, that usually means something happened these past few weeks concerning the EastMall site....Again, just wondering,,,,because I would like to order some more from them...But, will not if it is unsafe....Later...

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Anything you order there is directed to paypal so I wouldnt worry about it.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PaulCincy View Post
    Yes I understand it matters what protection one has, but my Norton didn't trigger any warnings a few weeks ago concerning this site, know it does...so for me, that usually means something happened these past few weeks concerning the EastMall site....Again, just wondering,,,,because I would like to order some more from them...But, will not if it is unsafe....Later...
    This is why I absolutely HATE Norton anything. It's like a 4 year old child, happy one minute, and driving you nuts with "temper tantrums" the next. My advice, can the Norton and pick up either Avast (what I use) or AVG (my "back up"). Couple that with IObit Security 360, and you should be good to go (all these programs are free BTW )

As for the EM site, checkout is through PP, so you should be fairly safe. If your still worried, get one of the PP Security Keys, that way you've got the extra layer of security for your financial info

Security key can be found here: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&...ityKey-outside

Super Member ECF Veteran

Cool

Like doots say, the important stuff goes via Paypal in any case. The following was a discussion around the same issue. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/eastmall-ecigarette/95501-why-does-norton-report-eastmall-threat.html
    From what I saw there, it looked more like a Norton problem than an East Mall problem.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Nortons went downhill once it became Symantec. I canned Norton's years ago. Besides poor performance, the tentacles it buries deep into your OS is horrifying. Try removing it cleanly without editing the registry. I dare ya!

Quote Originally Posted by BartS View Post
    Like doots say, the important stuff goes via Paypal in any case. The following was a discussion around the same issue. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/eastmall-ecigarette/95501-why-does-norton-report-eastmall-threat.html
    From what I saw there, it looked more like a Norton problem than an East Mall problem.
    Saying that "Norton have problems" is not precise, a more precise phrase is "Norton is a problem"

And 164.000 web pages agree with me:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=norto...utf-8&oe=utf-8

CASAA Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

My opinion of Norton a/v consumer versions is that they're worse than the malware it's supposed to protect you against. The enterprise stuff is supposed to be better but I've grown to reject anything Norton. And yes, it's a pain to completely remove from any system it's been installed on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast