ECCA New User guide - for the truly green
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Caerulea

Thread: ECCA New User guide - for the truly green

Default ECCA New User guide - for the truly green

[h=5]We have just published our New User guide on the website.

It was written with the new or 'soon to be' vaper or 'what's it all about then' smoker, in mind.

If you are already on the forums and happily finding your way round online shops you will likely already know all that is in it. But it isn't to teach YOU anything, it is to pass on to the person you know who still hasn't made the jump.

The ecig market is a very confusing place the very first time you venture into it and despite all the negative press of late, the media has done a great job of showing the variety of devices out there.

We hope it will assist the grandads and mum's who want to look but haven't dared pop their toe in yet. For the person you met in the pub who is really interested in what you have, but you know you don't have the time to explain all the very basics without them forgetting half of it.

We all probably know someone who when they first started out, totally missed the fact you have to replace heads and battles on for weeks with a burnt and acrid vapour. Panics cos their clearo is gurgling. Or just puts off the jump cos they don't want to bombard you with questions.

Hopefully this will give the absolutely uninitiated a simple view into the very basics.

Please read and let us know what you think.

http://www.eccauk.org/images/pdf/newuserguide.pdf
    Last edited by retired1; 09-18-2013 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Fixed link. Do NOT do that again.
    Alessandro Fiore likes this.

Generally good, but I think the terminology could be more consistent. You call e-liquid three different names ("e-liquid", "fluid", "juice"). IMO it would be better to use only one. You could mention the other two as examples of alternative names. I favor "e-liquid" as the standard name, and I dislike the name "juice" because it suggests it's something you could drink.

PV Master ECF Veteran WarHawk-AVG's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is there any reason your link goes thru Facebook?

"An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it"
    "A vaper without a multi-meter, is like a Mechanic without a wrench"

oh boy oh boy

Hi, was just about to fix the link. I posted from my phone and just reused the link I had on my clipboard, there was nothing insidious and I genuinely had no idea it would be a problem.

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Lorien