First Rebuildable Question: Big Drag = Burnt Taste?
I've built this Genesis RBA many times now, and every build I'm getting good taste with small-medium drags but if I take a long drag, I get a burned taste. Different set ups I've tried:
- I use 28g kanthal wire for all builds, have tried 4/3 and 5/4 wraps with the following wicks:
- 500 SS wick
- cotton wick
- 2mm silica wick
- oxidized the SS wick;
- tried oxidizing kanthal wire as well as not oxidizing it;
- ensured there are no hot spots (dry fire coil and pulse, kanthal glows all red)
- coil is wrapped snuggly around wick (not too tight but all parts of coil are touching the wick)
- wick is saturated with juice (waited the night for wick to saturate itself standing in tank)
But to no avail, as whenever I take a long drag or chain vape 2 or 3 times I get a burnt taste right away. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Sorry wrong forum - can a mod move this to the correct one?
You don't need to use SS mesh. Why don't you try to use just the silica and cotton wick...also, if you have a tough time threading the silica through the hole on the base of your Genesis you could always drill that out. I personally do not use SS mesh anymore.
Originally Posted by steezkeez
Tags for this Thread