Why the ego c twist is a game changer - Page 30
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: Why the ego c twist is a game changer

Full Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Ha. Great to see this thread is still around, although I haven't been here in a while.

So an update: since I first started this thread, I've used nothing but twists - 4 of them to be exact - every day. But, sadly down to my last functioning one (which is fine for $25 they worked most of 2012 but now 2 won't charge and one has stripped threads). I still think the twist is hands down the best value in vaping for anyone but especially newbies. Combined with a stardust type clearomizer or a vivi nova, one hell of a set up.

That said, since I am down to my last working twist, I ordered a provari last night. Finally pulled the plug. Figured the $50+ I would have to spend to get a few new twists was better spent investing in a mod that should last more than a year. Just got the shipping email tonight so should have it soon.

I was really hoping to get a DNA board mod but suspect 2013/14 will be the year of the DNA.

Laser Gunslinger ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

How long is the battery life for a Twist?

Am I suddenly realizing this thing will be junked in less than a year?!
    FIRE THE LASER BEAM!

Member of the CFFC Cholos. Carto tanks Forever Forever Carto tanks. Hola vato!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Battery life will depend on charge cycles. I have been rotating three Vision Spinners and two Twists and have had not issues with any of them for 3 months now.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by kingcobra View Post
    I don't want to spoil the party here but the only people who are so price sensitive is outright newbies. Once you realize how cheap it is to vape, the thousands of dollars you can save a year with it, then $50 or $100 or even $200 becomes much less meaningful. In fact a lot of vapers go crazy here and end up with a table full of expensive mods.

Now if we think back to when we first started vaping, spending a couple of hundred bucks or more on a PV seemed pretty far out. Then we realized that it wasn't so crazy after all.

I started with an ego and to be honest I ended up hating the stuff and giving it away to someone, who I then felt sorry for. New people don't know the difference maybe but if they start out with a crappy PV then they are less likely to stick with it. I would not recommend egos a through z to anyone.

Sure, being able to twist it and change the voltage certainly can't hurt. This is however not what we would consider a good VV device, which you can change the voltage in small increments. Small increments can make all the difference by the way.

You can get actual VV devices so cheaply now that there is no reason for anyone not to start out with a good one, unless you are on a super tight budget. However, just by cutting down on smoking you can pay for several good ones in no time at all.

It wouldn't hurt I guess for someone to buy a couple of ego-c batteries, and you do need at least two of these, but the expectation is that if they stick with vaping and once they realize what else is out there for not a lot more money, they will be putting away the egos. So I'd recommend that people start out higher on the food chain, egos are the eels of the PV world really, the bottom suckers
    I am going to have to politely disagree. I have been vaping over a year and still just use a regular ego... I mean I now have a clearo and I am going to purchase a twist very soon... but my point is not everyone needs a vv mod. My brother is the same as me. I know you get a sweeter spot or bigger hits with a mod. MAYBE someday I will get myself one. but I do not long for something better. I LOVE my ego. Why not try it with vv? Having the option right away would have been very nice.

BTW I got I recently got 3 ego kits and 3 successful (for the most part only FIL is still in transition) converts. They all love them. And I ask them if they feel like there is anything else they want or need and show them reviews and vids of other mods... but none of them are interested. To most new vapors a vv mod is WAY too much to handle or grasp. The jurney is different for everyone. Just because You may have had to jump into the deep end, so to speak, to get the result you were after does not mean most new vapors are going to have your same needs. In fact to me a cig-alike joye 510 was what I needed to start my journey. The ego was even too much from me. Not in price... but just overload of change. For all new vapors it is what make them most comfortable and give the most satisfaction. So what if they jump from pv to pv to find the right fit... as you put it we would be spending the money on cigs anyway. And then they can have stuff to give to would be converts and/ or have back up devices. It's all a win win. You know! I believe that one you start vaping part of the fun is the journey of trying different things! Which BTW I am not against trying mods. I just don't feel an urge for them. lol You know?

Account closed on request

It may have already been said, but I don't have time to read 11+ pages. The major advantage I see to having a higher end battery like a Provari or in my case a Vtube is the batteries can be changed much easier and cheaper. My replacement battery runs $8.00, not $30.
    mikejm likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I love the size and feel of Ego Twists. I have other stuff but they are sort of like an old comfortable sweater or jeans that just feels comfy and gives a nice vape in general.

I guess I dont' understand and never will, all this competitive posting about higher end/lower end stuff. It's like lawnmowers or motor vehicles or tools.......people have preferences.

It doesn't matter what things cost, or what the bells and whistles are.

For certain people, an Ego Twist IS the bomb. For others, not.

I don't understand mini 510s but I can assure you, there are people who love love love them and will not even move to a fatter batt.
    JudeD likes this.

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

Pride Male Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I have to agree with Mariah on this issue. I started with a 510 cigarette lookalike, then went to an ego T, then to an ego twist with Kanger T2's. Every step I made I understood what everyone was raving about and am glad my tastes have evolved with my device. However, while I could have afforded a Provari to start, I needed to transition up gradually. Most likely when my eGo twists start to fail me (or sooner) I will probably upgrade to a "high end" device. Plus, if I get myself one, my girlfriend is gonna want one, too. So now I need 400 dollars worth of hardware to make the jump.

But taking a cheaper VV device to the beach, or with me when I ski, or when I am traveling may make sense even after I upgrade. A 200 dollar Provari is not something I will take everywhere I go. I also kinda like my older models to give to prospects and converts. I gave away my old 510 kit and now that owner has upgraded to an eGo twist and given the 510 to his brother, who now uses it instead of analogs. The journey is as important as the destination, sometimes.
    mariahpoo and fourthrok like this.

There are no men like me. There’s only me.
    ---Jaime Lannister

Pride Male Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketpunk View Post
    How long is the battery life for a Twist?

Am I suddenly realizing this thing will be junked in less than a year?!
    I would never expect a battery to last much more than a year. The stripped threads sounds like that may be a user issue. So his battery failure rate at one year is 50%. Not too bad at all, really. One of the benefits of a Provari is the batteries are separate items and you need only replace them for 8-9 bucks as you lose them, which is a very manageable cost of maintaining the device.

I read about people replacing wicks and coils and what not on here, but I don't ever do that. I just have a device with a replaceable coil which I put a fresh one in every ten days or so for less than 2 bucks. I realize that if I stick with an eGo twist setup, I need to plan on buying a battery every 25 weeks or so, which is about $1 a week, which is right in line with my coil replacement costs.

There are no men like me. There’s only me.
    ---Jaime Lannister

Full Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

based on my experience, a twist should last you at least a year maybe longer . I am very hard on my batteries.

the stripped threads is my fault . although that particular battery did come kind of warped 510 connection . I should have returned it but didn't . one disadvantage of ego is that are mass produced so you are going to get a dud every now and then .

if course ymmv

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I own a bunch of different PV's including a Provari, but my Twists are the PVs I use most of the time. They are light, easy to hold, produce a lot of vapor, and with a Stardust, they are my go-to PV. I recommend them more often than any other PV to potential vapers.
    mariahpoo and John D in CT like this.