Problems with Ego Twist
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DaNdaNVaPoR
  • 1 Post By 6spdsurfer

Thread: Problems with Ego Twist

Senior Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Problems with Ego Twist

I just got my ego twist finally, i have held off getting one for a long time and finally decided it would look good with my new China DID. So i got it a few days ago and hooked it straight up to my vivi nova. The first time i fired it, it hit like a champ. The only problem it would not stop hitting. When i fire it, it flashes a couple times and then keeps on firing till it hits the 10sec cutoff. Everytime it does this and even if i unscrew the nova it doesn't stop. It is not genuine joyetech but by Hellosmoke. The only thing that it will work on normally is my 3.2ohm Bauway Cartomizers. Im thinking that this might have something to do with ohms because all my equipment is around 2ohm other than the bauways. It is just rather irritating because I love the way it looks with a vivi nova on top with a 5ml cone. I have some kanthal coming in so i will try making a higher ohm coil but i dont think it should make a difference. I have contacted the vendor but still no reply. Im not sure if this qualifies as DOA or defective since it works on some equipment but has very strange reactions to others. Just hoping to hear back from the vendor soon...

Quote Originally Posted by spraintz View Post
    rebuildables are a blast for all us a.d.d. tinker-ers

I hate to say it brotha but that is what happens whEn u buy a non Genuine Joyetech Ego, u even knew it wasn't a Joyetech. That is what the problem is.
    sgenn99 likes this.

ECF Veteran

Yeah.. Lesson learned, used a couple batterys out of original kits i bought when i started, so i have never bought batterys recently.

If it had been a genuine eGo, you would have gotten a replacement as they come with a 6 months warranty. I will suggest you contact the vendor and see what they say. Reputable vendors will replace any dead on arrival batteries, although it's not a sure thing.

Good luck!

Super Member ECF Veteran

My Twist works fine on 1.8 ohm atomizers. But it's genuine eGo.

ECF Veteran

Where is a good place to get genuine ego twists?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Not sure stateside. Up here I get mine from Canvape. They're great to deal with.
    I've purchased five in all. Only problem I have had was with one that I dropped. Operator error. The switch moved in the tube. Even then it still worked, the button was just recessed so I had to use my thumbnail to press it. Since sold to my sister-in-law (longer fingernails).
    Last edited by A17kawboy; 09-21-2012 at 07:44 AM.
    Keep your powder dry and your wick wet!!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | AltSmoke.com | eGo-C Twist Battery

Here is a good place in the US. Unfortunately it sounds like you got a DOA battery. The ohms have nothing to do with that. I've vaped on many different ohms on my twists with no problems. I'd try to get a replacement first so you don't waste your money. After that, I'd stick with genuine batteries, considering that's the lifeblood of your equipment. Good luck man!
    A17kawboy likes this.

ECF Veteran

Just to add to this, it's not necessarily dead, it just has a bad switch in it.

ECF Veteran

I had wondered the same thing so I went to joytechs site n found that they have a list of distributors on their website.

Joyetech brand offline electronic cigarette shops