can someone ple as SE help me!!!!

Thread: can someone ple as SE help me!!!!

Default can someone ple as SE help me!!!!

I have an ego twist with smoke tech redox Claro's all I get is weak vapor and bad taste no matter the voltage I have tried cleaning the wicks changing heads all together to no avail no 1 seems to want to answer this question I do not understand this is my third time posting please help me

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MiamiMom63's Avatar

What ohm is the coil in it? What voltage did you first start vaping it at? Was it burnt tasting from the beginning, because once you burn the wick, it will always taste burnt. It's possible the wick wasn't wet enough and saturated enough and then you vaped it and the wick got burnt. Some people let theirs soak well before vaping it. Or maybe you started vaping it at too high a voltage and burnt the wick? I'm really not familiar with the Smoke Tech Redux clearos, but those are my thoughts since no one else has responded to you. Another good thing to remember if you are new to vaping and have an Ego Twist, start low in your voltage and slowly work your way up if you are not sure what voltage to vape at. If you taste the slightest burn flavor, stop immediately and back it down. If you stop soon enough, you can avoid burning the wick. If you did everything correctly and it just tastes burnt, sometimes you can get a clearomizer that states it's at say 2.4 ohms, but it really is defective and is firing at 3.4 ohms, which would burn your wick. I had a vivi nova this week and the coil was supposed to be firing at 2.8 ohm, and instead it was firing at 3.4 ohms when I checked it on my Provari. That's why I love being able to see what ohms my clearo is firing at because they aren't always made properly.
    Last edited by MiamiMom63; 10-19-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Too high an ohm coil on too low of a voltage will also cause very poor vapor and not such a good taste. Or, for example, if you have a 1.8 ohm coil and you vaped it at 4.8 volts, that would surely burn up the wick and/or pop the coil.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have not heard much about the Redux either. But, my guess is, that's your problem. Get the Vision brand, they are highly recommended. SMOK has some good stuff, but their "clones" tend to suck.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just thought of something else. With clearomizer devices such as the Redux, sometimes you have to tip it so the juice touches the base of the wick where it goes into the coil. Sometimes twirling it around kind of tilted upside down will help to. Sounds like there is no wicking going on. When you first fill a new one, put a drop or 2 of liquid directly on the coil to get it started.

I will do thank you

I think they are 1.8 ohm which means if you have the EGO Twist turned up high, you may have burnt the wick. That ohm is better at lower voltage around 3.7. And once you have a burnt wick, it will taste nasty.