When to charge batteries? (ego twist) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: When to charge batteries? (ego twist)

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Discharging them to cut off and then recharging til cut off gives you about 300 charge cycles. Lithium ion batteries have no memory. If you want to make them last a bit longer don't discharge all the way or charge all the way. More ECF info here.

ECF Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Moved to Model Specific Discussion - ego Type Models
    Kent C likes this.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nicetucu View Post
    I just got two ego c twist 1000mah batteries on Monday (genuine joyetech) and use them till they don't work anymore. Problem is they take forever to charge. Had one plugged in using the wall adapter in a surge protector that I use for an external hard drive and a lamp, the thing is still charging from 8:30pm till now 3am. Red light on both the wall wart and where it screws on to the battery. Is this normal?

Contacts are cleaned before I place them on the charger.... this is my first setup and thought these things charged in just over 3 hours at most. I also noticed that the button for firing is tight on the stainless one and the black one makes a sound if you shake the battery lol, yeah I'm a bit anal with stuff like that. Got these from myvaporstore , like I said on Monday....brand new and acting like they are a year old already. Do I need to plug them into the wall....tried to charge one using usb on my laptop and it also took forever.
    It shouldn't take that long to charge. What is the specs on your charger?

With the tight button and the shaking sound, I'd send them back... contact the vendor soon as there is probably a short return time.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I agree with the last post. I've owned a bunch of ego batteries and it has NEVER taken that long. The longest any of mine have taken to charge in the wall is 5 hours and that was a 1300 mah battery. Not even when I was charging usb. It is fine to charge a battery at any state of charge. It ,of course, will always be faster if wall charging as opposed to usb.
    Lovin' Life Without Analogs

My Twists took hours and hours to charge at first. After a while, I stopped using the wallwart I bought with them (correct specs, supposedly) and started plugging them into a 5 volt 2 Amp AC-to-4-port USB hub that I had (using no more than 2 ports at a time). They charge in a normal amount of time, using that. Takes a little under 2 hours for a 650 and a bit more for a 1000 mAh Twist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12