Tanks vs. clearomizers vs. attys with drip tips.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Tanks vs. clearomizers vs. attys with drip tips.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default Tanks vs. clearomizers vs. attys with drip tips.

I'm new to vaping. I don't want to keep ordering new things to my house so I was wondering which is better? I want a delivery system that has a long life expectancy so I don't have to order more. I heard clearomizers are good.. But do they last long? And I like the idea of not having to drip 3 more drops every so many puffs. Can you explain the life expectancy of these ??

Super Member ECF Veteran

The life expectancy of all coils varies by usage and habits. The wetter you keep the coil the longer it lasts. It also depends on what you consider to be a long time. Clearomizers are great but the heads in them tend to last me about 3-5 days of all day vaping. I get the ones with the replaceable heads. I love the Vivi nova personally (see my avatar) for the best balance of low price, little to no leaks and a changeable coil assembly. I also want to try the new Kanger bottom feeder as it is supposed to keep the wick saturated better than the overhead coil system. Another option for you would be a rebuild-able system as one of the options is a Stainless Steal mesh (SS) or Porose Ceramic wick (PCW).

Hope that helps.

Edit: another option is the cartomizer tank but I've had bad luck with them and don't know enough about them to give you good info but I'm certain one of the great people here will come along and chime in.
    Last edited by Omnipanzer; 03-14-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I vape very little. Just wondering whether the clearomizers are like .. Disposable or they last for like a month and then burn out. Or if the tanks will last me a month then start to leak.. Am I better off getting an atty with a drip tip so I don't have to keep buying clearos or tanks?

Super Member ECF Veteran

All coils should be considered a consumable as you will need to replace them even if you are only dripping. I started as a dripper and got annoyed with needing to drip while on the move. I have a two hour round trip commute in traffic so dripping is not best for me. That is when I made the switch to a cartomizer and then I switched to the Vivi tank because everything I read said the flavor it produced was way more pronounced and I agree. The clearomizers are great imho but you will eventually have to change it out. There are clearomizers that are all-in-ones and you'll just throw the whole thing away but the changeable heads tend to be more cost effective, just read the description on them before you buy and you'll be fine.

The choice between dripping, cartomizers or tanks is a personal one and you'll need to try them all before you can know for sure. Luckily we're not talking about much money here. You can get a pack of atomizers, a clearomizer and a tank for $20.
    Last edited by Omnipanzer; 03-14-2013 at 10:16 PM.
    Kent C likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Which last longest. Tanks or clearos

Super Member ECF Veteran

Assuming I have my terminology correct it depends on the system but a clearo really is just a small tank. All things equal they last the same. Tanks are bigger and you need to fill them less. If you're looking for low profile go with a clearo. what kind of battery or mod are you using?
    zapped likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Ill be using an ego-t battery. 650mah. Can I use a clearomizer on it and If I don't like it.. Switch to a tank or a drip tip

Super Member ECF Veteran

Oh yah, you're not locked into anything with an eGo. I'd start with a good clearomizer. They make a bunch of them just for the eGo. It mimics the top cone so you just take it off.

like this one.

or these

so it looks like this

Super Member ECF Veteran

Great starter setup for sporadic usage.

The eGo is like the iPhone, so many people have them they turn out accessories for them like no other battery system.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have experience with the old cart+atty system, the clearo, and the tank/carto setups, in that order. I'm lazy and like things to be relatively low maintenance and just work, and work for a long time, before I have to screw with it again. I like the simplicity of the clearos like the Stardust, they're screw, fill & vape. The only thing I dislike about them is that they need filling more often than I want to fill them, and in my case I use them with eGo batteries which die too fast for my liking. However, the clearos last me about 3 weeks before they need to be replaced, which is nice, and they are pretty consistent in vapor production. I now have a ProVari (big battery) and a big 6ml DCT tank. The battery lasts a full day and the tank about 2 days before recharging/refilling. The cartos that are used with the tank last 10-14 days for me and I'm a fairly heavy vaper with 70/30 juice, but they're pretty cheap to replace (under $3). There's a learning curve using a carto/tank, with priming, etc., but once you get that down pat you might like that. Just depends on what you're looking for in terms of simplicity, convenience, cost, etc.
    Last edited by GregoTX; 03-14-2013 at 11:52 PM.
    zapped likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast