PURE JUNK...Joyetech Ego batteries !! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: PURE JUNK...Joyetech Ego batteries !!

Full Member Verified Member

Knock on wood, but my Riva is still going strong!
    JUDGMENT AFFIRMED likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Over 9 months for my Joyetech batteries and all is well
    Bookworm likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I've had many eGo batteries from the first generation to the 5 click to the twist and the upgrade. The only problem I've had with any of them is when I dropped one and the bottom cap popped out a little. Even then it worked, just had to stuff that cap back in and deal with a dent in my battery for awhile that made my setup look kinda funny. Frankly I am kinda surprised being that these are Chinese made, I expected to get a bum battery sooner or later. Looks like you got more than your share.
    Black ProVari v2.5, itaste 134, Vapeonly BCC Mega, Protank, eGo 650 mAh, Stardust, eRoll. Vaping 18mg, 60/40 HHV Purity

Full Member Verified Member Steve11973's Avatar

I've been using Joye tec egos since I started my journey into the world of vaping. Although it's only been about a month they are working fine. I like their size, not too big. I'm still looking into a Evic or a Provari.

Quote Originally Posted by truman View Post
    I've had 2 newer model Joyetech batteries fail for no apparent reason, one was an 1000mah twist about 6 months old, and the other was the 1000mah upgrade model only 3 months old.

Ive been using Smoktech Redux, then moved to Kanger T3 and now Kanger Evod...I tried all the tricks, gently raising the post, cleaning with alcohol Qtip, etc etc, the newer upgrade battery would just shut down and require plugging into the charger to reset, 6 puffs later just shut down.

Thank god I have a Kgo battery as another backup...it's been flawless for well over a year and works with anything you throw at it...just ordered another one.

That's the Upgrade protection circuits coming into play. You might want to be careful using that same clearo with your Kgo with no protection.

It's best to adjust the post on the clearo rather than the battery. You mess with the battery post, you've messed with the power connection and you might've opened that area to eliquid getting in and destroying things.

Either adjust the clearo, or use an adapter. The adapter is making up for the flaws in the clearo then, Not the battery.

Don't overtighten your battery to your clearo Or your charger, that'll push the post down and you'll forever have problems.
    Kent C, Katya, Bookworm and 3 others like this.
    ...................... . .........................

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by r77r7r View Post
    That's the Upgrade protection circuits coming into play. You might want to be careful using that same clearo with your Kgo with no protection.

It's best to adjust the post on the clearo rather than the battery. You mess with the battery post, you've messed with the power connection and you might've opened that area to eliquid getting in and destroying things.

Either adjust the clearo, or use an adapter. The adapter is making up for the flaws in the clearo then, Not the battery.

Don't overtighten your battery to your clearo Or your charger, that'll push the post down and you'll forever have problems.
    Well said r77r7r,
    Katya and Vapoor eyes er like this.

Senior Member Verified Member

I habe to strongly disagree. Everything is dependant on HOW you use them. They cost only $25, and I consider that good value for the money if they last me 6 months.However, I have 2 that are past that mark, and they just don't hold a charge as long.

Quote Originally Posted by trishdadish View Post
    I habe to strongly disagree. Everything is dependant on HOW you use them. They cost only $25, and I consider that good value for the money if they last me 6 months.However, I have 2 that are past that mark, and they just don't hold a charge as long.
    Have you switched OHMs on your toppers? I noticed a change when I just go from 2.0 to 1.6 on my Boges. I know the DC's really put a damper on any battery, lol.

I never get to the end of a charge anymore. I keep Passthroughs plugged in a grab a new one every 3 hrs. lately.
    ...................... . .........................

Full Member ECF Veteran

I ditched my ego, my first two 600 mah batteries lasted a year, than I went through 5 1000mah the next, threw it away and bought me a Provari lol

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Considering what we're paying for this stuff in comparison to a carton of cigs I have no complaint at all if they fail after 6 months. I won't name names but some brands are performing better long term than others. YMMV.
    Just ordered a SS Vamo for $30...certainly not expecting it to be the "end all" but the price suited me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast