Bottom Coil or Top Coil Clearomizer? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Bottom Coil or Top Coil Clearomizer?

  1. #11
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bfrie View Post
    flooding is when too much juice goes into the heating element, causing a poor hit, gurgling noise, bad taste. leaking is when juice is dripping out of the device somewhere. flooding can cause it to leak out of the center hole or the mouthpiece, and can cause juice to splatter in your mouth. just remember that not every bottom coil will leak/flood, and almost none will if you use them correctly and buy the better ones out there
    thanks for clearing that up for me!

  2. #12
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Hey just a general question about how long clearomizers last for. How often do you have to change/replace the coil ? How often do you have replace the whole unit?

  3. #13
    Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Kent C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NW Ohio US
    Posts
    20,568
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by izaidi View Post
    Hey just a general question about how long clearomizers last for. How often do you have to change/replace the coil ? How often do you have replace the whole unit?
    I have 6 PV's with T3's, so my vaping is split up among them (different flavors). My coils (mainly 1.8ohm or 2.2ohms) last about three months. I'll soak them in vodka about every month. I lost one whole unit from a strong flavor - mentholyptus - where the ejuice was coagulating inside and decided to just throw it out. I bought most of them in late Nov.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kent C View Post
    I have 6 PV's with T3's, so my vaping is split up among them (different flavors). My coils (mainly 1.8ohm or 2.2ohms) last about three months. I'll soak them in vodka about every month. I lost one whole unit from a strong flavor - mentholyptus - where the ejuice was coagulating inside and decided to just throw it out. I bought most of them in late Nov.
    Does that mean the unit, in theory, lasts forever .. and you just have to replace the coils? Thats economical !

  5. #15
    Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Kent C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NW Ohio US
    Posts
    20,568
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by izaidi View Post
    Does that mean the unit, in theory, lasts forever .. and you just have to replace the coils? Thats economical !
    4 to 5 months isn't 'forever' But unless you have some harsh flavors - menthol, cinnamon or the atomic flavors, then the unit should hold up. Some rebuild coils and wicking, but I chose replacement at these costs. I had a few cracked T2 unit early on - again from menthol(I think they changed the 'polywhatever' tank for the T3's). I had a few cracked vision stardusts/CE's before that.
    izaidi likes this.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kent C View Post
    4 to 5 months isn't 'forever' But unless you have some harsh flavors - menthol, cinnamon or the atomic flavors, then the unit should hold up. Some rebuild coils and wicking, but I chose replacement at these costs. I had a few cracked T2 unit early on - again from menthol(I think they changed the 'polywhatever' tank for the T3's). I had a few cracked vision stardusts/CE's before that.
    Kool! thanks for the info!

  7. #17
    mol
    mol is offline
    Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    pittsburgh pa
    Posts
    151

    Default

    ok bfrie I will now clear all my post on ecf through you .!..
    In my only 3 years of vaping I love the bottom coils, better than top coils.

    tanks or ego c. Been a few months with a ego bottom coil and no leaks.
    maybe you need to learn how to fill yours.

    ken mole

  8. #18
    Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    bfrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Circle Pines, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mol View Post
    ok bfrie I will now clear all my post on ecf through you .!..
    In my only 3 years of vaping I love the bottom coils, better than top coils.

    tanks or ego c. Been a few months with a ego bottom coil and no leaks.
    maybe you need to learn how to fill yours.

    ken mole
    I do know how to fill mine just fine. I exclusively use bottom coil clearos and don't see myself using anything else for the time being. I have, however, been able to get mine to leak by filling it improperly, and many users complain about leaking in theirs. The fact that the wick is so close to the bottom means it is very easy to leak out of if something goes wrong. Everything I stated in my posts here was simply to educate the op on the possible downsides of each so they could make an educated decision. I did not say every bc will leak, just that they can

    no matter how much i save, i love vaping too much to ever break even :)

  9. #19
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    heateris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    SEPA
    Posts
    617

    Default

    i started with top coils, then i got a Evod BCC. i don't think ill ever go back to using a top coil regularly again.
    bfrie likes this.
    a-mod zna ~ nemesis ~ kfl+v2 ~ orchid v4 ~ pallas ~ tobh ~ IGO-S
    kiddchris.com ~ btls.com

  10. #20
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    GregoTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lewisville, TX
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by izaidi View Post
    Hi,

    Without getting too product specific, can someone explain the pros/cons/tradeoffs between choosing a top coil and a bottom coil clearomizer? are there any general characteristics before it becomes product specific?

    Thank you kindly
    The only top coils I've used were the cheap Stardusts. They didn't seem to have any of the problems that the larger top-coils do, or had them pretty rarely. I've read a lot about the Vivi Novas, probably the most popular top coil clearo for big battery mods, and I kept seeing you had to tilt them and stuff more and more as the tank gets lower and lower. I found a great bottom coil clearo that I use with my ProVari and it's the best thing since sliced bread, IMO. No leaks, no dry hits, no flooding, no tilting, coil head cleaning/replacement maybe every couple weeks. They work great with 100% VG also, all you have to do is remove some of the wick which is super easy and takes 10 seconds. Fill and vape. YMMV.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks