Vision Spinner Problems

Thread: Vision Spinner Problems

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Default Vision Spinner Problems

Purchased 2 Spinners (1300 mah) and am having the following problems:

1) Top threaded section gets stretched out and my Vision Vivi Novas fall out. (Could be threads on Vivi Nova get worn down, too.) I had to hammer around (scratching and nicking it) the top to get it to tighten up. This also happened with my KGO battery. The metal must be very soft.

2) I don't like the cut-off (11 sec.?) for long draws. Has this been eliiminated in the current model? A couple vendors I've looked at don't even mention this.

3) Drop one on it bottom and the battery is loose and button is stuck. Suppose I have to throw it away. I really wish they would not make these things round. You set them down and they roll off the table. Could easily be remedied with a knurled knob with flattened sides.

Anyone know of what I can get that fixes the above problems? Otherwise I'd be very satisfied with the Spinner.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

1. In general, Joyetech has the best threading. Kanger is catching on - the T3's are better than the crunchy T2's - I put in a complaint and I'm guessing others too. carto manufacturers are the worst, including Vision, imo. Not much to do - there are 'rethreading tools' but not sure if it would work. Best is to be careful when screwing into a charger or with attys/cartos/clearos. On chargers stop when the red light comes on and the batt flashes. Just finger snug on attys, etc.

2. I don't like the cutoff either...

3. See:

EGO Battery How-To take apart - YouTube
    repair ego battery - YouTube
    Ego-C Twist Repair - YouTube

ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

I took it apart and a piece from the circuit card assy was loose inside the case. Beyond repair or what I can do. I should have been more clear in my last question. I'm looking for another product in lieu of the Spinner. One that is made better.

I like the "twist" for the adjustment better than buttons and a digital readout. I don't like putzying around with this stuff. Had an itaste that never worked and died within a month. One of my KGO batteries just stopped working, but I had that for 6+ mos.

From what I've seen I have to choose between and Joye Ego Twist or the Spinner. Does the Ego Twist have the same problems? Cut off? I was disappointed that a KGO brand VV out there has a 10 sec. cut off!

ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Someone needs to send China one of our No. 2 pencils.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JaneinMesa View Post
    I took it apart and a piece from the circuit card assy was loose inside the case. Beyond repair or what I can do. I should have been more clear in my last question. I'm looking for another product in lieu of the Spinner. One that is made better.

I like the "twist" for the adjustment better than buttons and a digital readout. I don't like putzying around with this stuff. Had an itaste that never worked and died within a month. One of my KGO batteries just stopped working, but I had that for 6+ mos.

From what I've seen I have to choose between and Joye Ego Twist or the Spinner. Does the Ego Twist have the same problems? Cut off? I was disappointed that a KGO brand VV out there has a 10 sec. cut off!
    I've never run into the cutoff on the Joye eGo-c Twist. It's solid. The reason some people don't like them is because the volts are hard to read on the end.... I keep mine on the same voltage - 4.5V for my espresso, so it's not a problem. If I were using it for different flavors - I'd get in a good light first

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JaneinMesa View Post
    ... I'm looking for another product in lieu of the Spinner. One that is made better.

I like the "twist" for the adjustment better than buttons and a digital readout. I don't like putzying around with this stuff.
    I have an eGO Twist and the new VV Go-Go, The Fury:

GOGO FURY BATTERY

I am committed to fiddle-free vaping. That's why I chose the 1300 mAh Go-Go Fury as my e-cig of choice. And as far as I know ... I haven't heard of any problems with the Fury. It's like a Ronco/Popiel infomercial. Just Set It and Forget It. A fully charged Fury lasts me a couple of days and the Fury Tanks perform as well as the Mini ViviNova I had on the Twist.

Check It Out.
    Stopped smoking the day my e-cig starter kit arrived: March 6th 2010

Hey ... I'm over here: https://twitter.com/bobalex_63