Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Smoktech Winder VV eGo Type Batteries

Signature Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Question Smoktech Winder VV eGo Type Batteries

I just ordered a Smoktech Winder VV eGo Type Battery to replace my busted eGo Twist. Anyone have any experience with these, or are they too new? I bought mine from Shark Vapor Smoktech Winder VV eGo Battery 1100mah here's the manufacturer's page on them. Winder ego vv

I'm pretty hard on my batteries, so if it lasts 6 months, I'll be ecstatic. This is a backup for my ProVari.

I like the fact that it's easier to read than the eGo Twist.

Last edited by PLANofMAN; 04-19-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Senior Member Verified Member obsidianchao's Avatar

Ooh, pretty. Wish I understood VV enough to use them, haha.
    DaisyMahem and vjdossey like this.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

If you can master the volume knob on a sound system, you can master variable voltage, haha.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I must have the fuschia one!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I am interested to see how well they are made. I like Smok products.
    Lovin' Life Without Analogs

Full Member ECF Veteran Donovan69's Avatar

I have been using these for several week and so far they are a superior design compared to the twist. It is far easier to read your voltage regulation since it is clearly marked on the battery body instead of the dial. The dial turns smoother and is more consistant than the ego twist. My supplier only carries the winders now 650mah and 1100 mah. I have sold 10 0f these in the last week. So far so good. I am thoroughly impressed with this product and so are my friends. Plus the advantage of using a vv battery is that now you have a regulated and protected power source. No more dying vape because your battery is dying and not sending enough voltage to your carto, atty or clearo. It is a sweet vaping machine. Awesome for a back up to your big batt mod. Or even as your main device. I love these things!!

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

After using this for a week, I will say that the red arrow marking is a serious design flaw. The red mark should be recessed, because the paint is starting to wear off. Once it's gone, there will be nothing left to indicate the pointer. I will of course scratch some sort of mark, but I shouldn't have to. Other than that, I'm liking it.

Full Member ECF Veteran Donovan69's Avatar

Did have one of my buddies who got a winder have the red mark almost worn off....mind you he does construction and if I had a heavy duty job doing that I would want a sturdier mod...like my bolt. I also gave a winder to another friend and it stopped taking a charge and stopped firing all together. i tried pulling up the post and hooking it up to the charger and NADA. Nothing. DEAD. So I took it back to my supplier and he swapped it out. Mind you that was one out of 50 of the 1100s that I sold for him....better than the twists..about 20 out of a hundred were bunk.

Super Member ECF Veteran oldjoe's Avatar

I ordered one today (1100mah was the biggest available) but for under $20 w/ shipping, compared to $30 w/shipping for the 1300 mah Spinner, it will meet my intended use. I want something more manageable when I go out so I don't have to lug around my Vamo.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I think these are re-branded Vision Spinners. Same dial / marking arrangement.

I've one (900) for a few months with no problems. Works fine.

No issues with the red mark wearing off, but maybe I'm just gentle with my hardware. But if it does, just turn it counterclockwise gently until it stops. That's 3.3 volts. Put a dot on the dial with a Sharpie, nail polish, or whatever you have that will stick to metal, and you're good to go.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast