Kanger EVOD Battery
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Kanger EVOD Battery

Smile Kanger EVOD Battery

i am really liking the look fo these new Kanger Evod Batteries. what im liking even more is that the product descriptions im finding say that they are regulated to 3.7v throughout the charge. this is exactly what im looking for to give my gf.

can anyone confirm or deny the claims of a regulated 3.7v vape?

if not, just how are you liking your kanger evod battery? i dont need a full review, just wondering how these puppies are performing.

thanks!
    Vapo Marx likes this.

nobody using the evod batts, huh?

.............thats okay, im willing to guinea pig this one

Super Member ECF Veteran

They look really cool to me as well, I'm definitely considering one.
    eGo's & M/T3's over here.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Nothing on the Kanger site about the 'regulated' but this reviewer says so... no real meter testing shown - underload, not underload, etc. but I have no reason to doubt him. He's a little off on the eGo-c batteries - they run at 3.3-3.4V but the older eGo's did run 3.1-3.2v underload. And the new eGo-c upgrade batts have an 'unregulated mode' that runs at 3.7v or like any other 3.7v batt.

I'm not sure what 'regulated at 3.7v' really means. On the eGo-c upgrade - the voltage is regulated at 3.3-3.4V and the result is, the battery lasts longer in that regulated mode than in the unregulated mode - that makes sense since the higher voltages would tend to take the charge down... so if the Kanger is 'regulated' at 3.7v, then I don't really see how cropping off the 4.1 volt off the charger - which doesn't last that long, is really going to get you any more real time ... and also does it cut off when the normal cycle would go to 3.6, etc. down to 3.2v before it stops? Maybe some of our battery wizards can explain better.

eVod by Kanger Review

Well they are bigger than unregulated egos so I'm guessing there is a regulator and possibly a bigger battery to compensate for the higher regulated voltage.

I think the regulator might function similar to the twist. Even if the voltage of the batt is less than what the regulated voltage is, you'll still get the regulated voltage because the battery receives a boost from the regulator. I'm no expert so I might be using the wrong terminology but I think that's how it works.
    Kent C and spaceballsrules like this.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kemosabe View Post
    Well they are bigger than unregulated egos so I'm guessing there is a regulator and possibly a bigger battery to compensate for the higher regulated voltage.

I think the regulator might function similar to the twist. Even if the voltage of the batt is less than what the regulated voltage is, you'll still get the regulated voltage because the battery receives a boost from the regulator. I'm no expert so I might be using the wrong terminology but I think that's how it works.
    I bet you're close. The extra 7mm is something and the mAh is still 650...
    Kemosabe and chaos-7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent C View Post
    I bet you're close. The extra 7mm is something and the mAh is still 650...
    yeah. thats got to be a factor.

im gonna spring for a green 1000mah one.

ill let you guys know how it performs if youre interested. but that SteveVape review was pretty darn comprehensive. thanks for posting that BTW.
    Kent C likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Ya definitely post back in here if you don't mind! I'd order but I need to be responsible and I just bought a new eGo a couple weeks ago I do have EVOD clearos on the way right now though!
    Kemosabe and vjdossey like this.
    eGo's & M/T3's over here.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm one tank in with the evod on an evod battery and I really dig it. I love the button. Doesn't protrude like most other ego type batteries. I've only seen 650mah, are there larger evod batteries? If so I might pick one up.

I really like the size it is at 650. It's maybe 10mm shorter than my beloved gogo, and a great deal smaller than my 900mah spinner/t3 combo. If they can make a 1000mah battery by making it larger diameter but not taller, I'd be buying several. Part of my love for the gogo is its power(1300mah) for its short stature. I seriously dislike how tall the 900mah spinner is with a t3 on it.

Photo for size reference.
    Volt 900 spinner w/t3 - gogo w/fury tank - evod 650 w/evod
    Kanger EVOD Battery-image.jpg
    Last edited by Coldpunk; 05-02-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Added photo

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Keeping an eye on this forum cause I wanna know about this bat!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast