eGo-V V2 mega issues

Thread: eGo-V V2 mega issues

Default eGo-V V2 mega issues

So my battery is having issues. I just got it about a week ago. I know its not super high tech but it shouldn't be this bad. It seems my battery calibration is off. It thinks that the battery is empty when my display shows that I still have two bars of battery left. This just barely happened today. I noticed that after I pulled it off the charger this morning it dropped to half power about 30 minutes later with only a couple of puffs off it. So I plugged it in and it charged until it was at full charge again. Then it has ran fine until just now. I wasn't getting any strong vape even at 6 Volts (which it obviously wasn't pushing out). Now it won't even let me vape it because the battery is so low, yet the screen turns on when I check what voltage I'm running at. Any idea what could be the issue? Any way to calibrate it so it knows what true zero is on the battery? Thanks on advance for the help.

Okay, update on this. Charged it pretty much all night and it still shows that the battery is at 2 bars. Once I realized it wasn't charging I quickly unplugged it. Probably nothing but I don't want it to blow up haha. I will just take it back to the shop I got it at since it's been less then a week.

Full Member Verified Member

To be honest, you likely have a defective one.

I remember my first vape was a defective ego-v. They are a bit too complicated for their own good, and their battery lives aren't all that great especially with the LCD screen. I would recommend just getting a c-twist, which appears to be much more reliable.

Super Member ECF Veteran DenaInWyo's Avatar

These batteries are not worth the money. I have one and it lasts about 2-3 hours tops if I am vaping it regularly. If you take it back, I would highly recommend switching it for something else. The $35 spent on this could have gone toward my Vamo that I replaced it with. My ego twist is better as well.

Full Member* Verified Member

This might be a little late for the op but I have been using this battery for over a month now regular. I pretty much chain vape it and I get 12 hours or more out of it consistently. Maybe you have a bad one. I have noticed that if you charge it until the led display turns off it lasts longer. Mine will show 4 bars when I take it off the charger and the led is still lit. But it weakens rapidly I notice. If I let it charge until the led display shuts off it lasts about 3 hours longer.